1980 LS200 $4000+ and growing!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Udonitron

Reaction score
WOW...look at the price this sucker is at already & still 4 days to go!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Tis a rare gem indeed but still...wow.

What a surprise...bab***** & ita***** were bidding on it.....:-?

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m70900669

ririen_beruke-img600x450-1257232434cwiuph8689.jpg

That does look mighty fine, and those early eighties Tokais are the holy grail for some people.
Still a darn site cheaper than an original '59 Gibson :)

Yeah and it seems like Yamauchi might be the mad collector who is the highest bidder too! He is missing a 1980 LS200 in his collection after all :p

http://www.k4.dion.ne.jp/~yjibika/en_index.html

(Thanks goes out to Mojo Hobo for enlightening me on this!)

..... was looking @ that last night; had ~30 bids & was @ ~$3400 ........

very unusual top on that one; nice :) .................

Esukasshon = different colors :wink: ...............

Check out the gold Tokai logo on the headstock. Cashew finish baby... delicious!

Cali Girl said:
Check out the gold Tokai logo on the headstock. Cashew finish baby... delicious!

looks like VF to my eyes; cashew looks pretty close to the below IMO, granted the pic is in direct sunlight but still .........
in the catalog it is labled COS; whatever that means ..............
RLG1out1.jpg

Please reference here:
http://www.k4.dion.ne.jp/~yjibika/en_1981TokaiLS200Blister.html
1981LS200Blister_07.jpg

I'm no expert but I've read that one of the "tells" is that the Tokai logo looks gold instead of pearlescent. The Cashew is like an amber lacquer that goes over whatever color the guitar was finished in?

I guess you can always lick the guitar to test it :)

MIJvintage said:
i'm not an expert either; only passing along information, which apparently sometimes isn't appreciated here ...............

Well, cashew, hazelnut, leechee nut or whatever, those are mighty tasty.... the guitars that is :wink:

ha ha oops,sorry AXCHISER AND MIJ, the second one?i like them both but that second one is just WOW! WOW WOW!
If would just love to have anyone of them,or udonitrons burny custom rlg-?
Fantastic tops all of them?But that second one makes me drool......slurp!

mojo hobo

first pic is the first RLG plain top I ever owned 8) & still have :D

the second one is obviously not mine; all one has to do is follow the link :wink: ........................

MIJvintage said:
currently @ $4957 :lol: ......................................

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Stratman323, look what we did!!!!!!!!!!!

LS5000 will be in the new 2010 catalog :-? . Say goodby to our beloved nicely priced Tokais :cry: .

item ended at 551,000 yen or over $6100 :eek:

add in shipping & potential customs/VAT depending on destination, and the price keeps rising .........

if it was a Rinkya bidder then add in those fees too .............

the $6100+ is quite insane ......... I hope the new owner is happy with it ........

Latest posts

Back