How much for pickups?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dombat said:
I have exactly the same ones which were mounted in my MIK ES60, replaced now by a 490R-498T set.

Japanese pickups in a MIK axe? Do they do that?

G

dombat said:
Who said that these pickups are japanese?
MK4 where korean, chinese now

Just says 'made in japan' on the ones in the photo, so hopefully they will be MK2 or MK3.

So the Chinese pups used to be Korean? My god, does Tokai re-write their rule-book every year? They seem to go out of their way to complicate things so much.

G

I couldn't see the "made in japan" on your pictures
Ok, so they should be Gotoh, not Keiyo.
My apologies.
What is their DC Impedance ?

dombat said:
I couldn't see the "made in japan" on your pictures
Ok, so they should be Gotoh, not Keiyo.
My apologies.
What is their DC Impedance ?

DC resistance 8.4K neck & 8.4K bridge. (Is that a bit unusual?).

G

They were on fleabay the other day. Advert says taken from a 99 MIJ Loverock.

Guess you bought them from there then.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220500334473

Si Pie said:
They were on fleabay the other day. Advert says taken from a 99 MIJ Loverock.

Guess you bought them from there then.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220500334473

He says they were taken from his 99 MIJ, but to be honest, Mike (the seller) buys and sells so many guitars and spare parts, he could easily get his facts mixed up about something like the exact specs of a pickup. That's what bother me really! :) I trust him, but he 'could' get it way wrong!

G

Si Pie said:
I was thinking about bidding but I couldn't be sure what they were so I left it in the end :)

I only took em because they don't seem to show up too often on ebay, but having known the seller personally, that swung it for me.
Having said that, I know he has had more than one Tokai, and that fact alone makes me wonder...'just a little bit! :)

They will suffice until I actually buy a Tokai LP later on, hopefully this year, but next year seems more realistic. :(

G

I don't know what is a fair price for mk2 but if the set is made by Keiyo and you like high output pickups, this is one of the best sets I've ever tried. I uninstalled a 57/+57 classic set in favour of the Keiyos.

ganzua said:
I don't know what is a fair price for mk2 but if the set is made by Keiyo and you like high output pickups, this is one of the best sets I've ever tried. I uninstalled a 57/+57 classic set in favour of the Keiyos.

I did that too, on my Greco EG450

To simplify things a little more about Tokai mk3 pickups (?) , I have Korean MK3 in my new MIC ALS48 premium "limited edition".
These pickups, Giovanni brand, manufactured by Artec http://www.artecsound.com/pickups/index.html are comparable to the IronGear, Tonebender, GSF pickups

Mk3 doesn't means MIJ anymore!

Same here! I replaced a brand new set of Classic 57's that came with an LS230 custom koa top with MKII's and like the sound much better. The 57's were really bright in the Koa.

RocknBlues said:
Sorry to be the one to tell you this but,, they won't work in an EPI only in Tokai :-? :eek: :lol: :lol: :roll: only joking :lol: sorry couldn't resist 8)

HaHa! Everybody knows that Tokai pickups were made for Epi LPs! :)

G

Latest posts

Back