Interested in a LS90Q. First time poster with questions.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyKane

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I just recently fell in love with a Tokai LS90Q I saw and had some questions about it, and someone directed me to these forums:

- Does this guitar have a long tenon or medium tenon?
- Is that a veneer top? (Not that it matters, mind you)
- What year were the LS90Q manufactured? I ask because I've only seen 2 on eBay selling new and I'm afraid they'll run out of stock and then I'll have to buy a higher priced version of it.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other questions I wanted to ask, but I'll ask them later, when I remember what they were.

It will be a medium tenon on the neck.

It'll be a very thin quilt maple veneer.

The manufacturing date is identified by the serial number. If it's starts with 08 then it's manufacture date is 2008 for example. The price will be uplifted each year by inflation and depending where you are, possibly the inflation rate. The LS85F I bought a year ago now costs ?50-?100 more to buy now for example - I was going to put off the purchase until the new year so I'm glad I didn't now.

Where do you live and looking to buy from? Others may be able to help you with where to get one from.

Thanks for the reply, Si Pie. I'm from Panama, but I have a forwarding address in Miami. I was looking at RichTone's eBay UK page, and was thinking of buying it from there, then have it delivered to Miami, and then forwarded to Panama.

I'm also thinking of buying it pretty soon, maybe next week or the week after that, in order to try to avoid the price uplift.

He also has a standalone web store, it's where i got my Tokai from
www.richtonemusic.co.uk

I'll let the members from the States give you advice on buying. You may be able to source one from Japan cheaper but I don't know.

Whether you see it advertised as an LS90Q or a 100Q it will be the same price.

I'm sure you forgot to ask about the MK11 pickups, :), I bet you're thinking you'll have to "upgrade" them.
You won't, they're excellent, genuine thick fat growling LP tone, with nothing missing.

Diamond said:
I'm sure you forgot to ask about the MK11 pickups, :), I bet you're thinking you'll have to "upgrade" them.
You won't, they're excellent, genuine thick fat growling LP tone, with nothing missing.

Unless Ya don't like em :)
Personally the ones I've had have been bland and characterless, but apparently not all MKII's are the same :)

Derby Ant said:
Diamond said:

Unless Ya don't like em :)
Personally the ones I've had have been bland and characterless, but apparently not all MKII's are the same :)

Bland and characterless, where, "live" in a full band mix at high volume?
Through what amp?

Just curious...I cant tell you how many guys I've heard say a particular pickup sucks, only to find out the guys playing through a Pod.

Hey, guys, is RichTone Music a reliable vendor? With all the talk of Fakais I've been reading on this boards, I'm scared I might get a fake one.

JohnnyKane said:
Hey, guys, is RichTone Music a reliable vendor? With all the talk of Fakais I've been reading on this boards, I'm scared I might get a fake one.

That's an easy one - yes. There are lots of satisfied Richtone customers on here. I've never heard a bad word about them.

stratman323 said:
JohnnyKane said:

That's an easy one - yes. There are lots of satisfied Richtone customers on here. I've never heard a bad word about them.

I'll put my experience behind that statement. Great people to do business with.

Excellent. That's what I wanted to hear. I've been in contact with them and they answered pretty fast. They're sending me pics of the guitar I'm interested in (LS90Q in Heritage Dark Cherry). Can't wait to order my Tokai.

JohnnyKane said:
Excellent. That's what I wanted to hear. I've been in contact with them and they answered pretty fast. They're sending me pics of the guitar I'm interested in (LS90Q in Heritage Dark Cherry). Can't wait to order my Tokai.

With all the shipping you have to do, are you going to get a hard case too? We've seen a few pics of broken necks on here before due to rough shipping - I really don't want to see any more.

I'm definitely getting a HSC. This thing has to come from UK to Miami, then to Panama. That's a lot of air time and rough handling for such an expensive guitar not to be inside a HSC. :D

I can't wait to receive the pics of the LS90Q Heritage Dark Cherries they have in stock (I think they have 2).

JohnnyKane said:
I'm definitely getting a HSC. This thing has to come from UK to Miami, then to Panama. That's a lot of air time and rough handling for such an expensive guitar not to be inside a HSC. :D

8)

The Tokai HSC turns heads, I can tell you that, it's a work of art...an expensive work of art. :)

Back