I need some help please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the cleans are as loud as i will ever need, channel 2 is vintage gain channel 3 is monster channel,

so all in all a good choice for what i needed...

not a mystical as the ceriatone, but does what it says it will in spades,

stupidly large and powerful for my studio, but there u go..

villager said:
the cleans are as loud as i will ever need, channel 2 is vintage gain channel 3 is monster channel,

so all in all a good choice for what i needed...

not a mystical as the ceriatone, but does what it says it will in spades,

stupidly large and powerful for my studio, but there u go..

Whenever you record something, please let us know. Why the Ceriatone is mystical?

yes funny that, first thing that sprang to mind... although its about as far from organic as you can get heh..

how about..

crisp and wintery cleans, but able to dial in the warmth of early autumn..hehe

i have time for a herbert report, nearly a month now, so I know the amp better..

channel 1 great cleans, all the way from clean clean, to overdriven clean if that makes sense, at any volume level..but I still prefer the ceriatones cleans, but I think thats mainly due to the gh12s in the ceriatone cab and vintage 30's in the diezel..

channel 2.. brilliant vintage and modern gain tones love it.. exactly what i was looking for..

channel 3 .. dont like the voicing of this one so much, its great for metal chunking, but I dont use it hardly at all..

mid cut feature.. I dont use it...

midi.. I dont use it..

so in conclusion, as John A said early in the thread..''what stadiums are you playing'' he was spot on, the herbert can do great sounds at relatively low volumes, which is great, but it is stupidly loud and powerful for me,

I will be selling herbert in the new year I think, and then maybe an einstein.. or a cornford mk50 mk2

the diezel herbert is a fantastic amp, but its not totally right for me, it has things I love and things I never use, but there is nothing actually bad to say about this amp..

heres a clip of the ceriatone and the herbert.. see if you can tell which is which ie which is the rhythm guitar on and which one is the lead..

excuse the playing it was a rough night..heh..

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=kRYhkL

Amazing tune, sounds like the Cure meets Metallica:D Pesonally not keen on the sounds of the lead guitar, but the controlled feedback in the into is great!!

villager said:
heres a clip of the ceriatone and the herbert.. see if you can tell which is which ie which is the rhythm guitar on and which one is the lead..

excuse the playing it was a rough night..heh..

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=kRYhkL

Very nice. Sounds a bit like a "Heart" mix with the lead and rhythm. Were you going through the board, or miking directly?

used a stereo palmer DI box ..I find miking for live has too much ''bleed over'' between the mics, the palmer does a reasonable job ..

and sometimes I like to be able to post process an individual track a little..

ok so now I have bought an einstein and I am keeping the herbert for comparison, selling the ceriatone, the cleans are lovely and the high gain violin thing is also great, but the herbert does them too (with some tweaking) and also everything in between..

sigh then i have to decide beween the diezels and but the next cornford MK50 mk2 that comes along....

so my next goal is to have a diezel and a cornford for my mix..

just to update...

the herbert is going, never use channel 3 or the mid cut, and 160w is crazy for the space i have, also fed up of waiting for a cornford mk50 mk2, so just got an elmwood modena 60, to compliment the einstein, also i found a 1973 hiwatt custom-100 in a boot sale for 40 euros,!! and i am getting that serviced and repaired (250 euros) so will have that to try in a few weeks :eek: :eek:

heres a little vid called building a bridge herbert backing and einstein lead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hopSLcbgcwg

update, found a cornford mk50 2 eventually so that will be arriving next week then its either the einstein or the elmwood to go, tricky decision as i like both, but probably the elmwood at the moment, but i need to test all 3 thoroughly

Back