Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Les Paul Bacchus information now resides on another forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greco_burst
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Les Paul Bacchus information now resides on another forum Reply with quote

DELETED......

THIS INFORMATION CAN BE READ ON ANOTHER FORUM, WHERE THE TRANSLATOR NOW RESIDES.... , AND IS UPDATED.

THANK YOU!

Last edited by greco_burst on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:01 pm; edited 8 times in total
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!
What's it like to play?

BTW, nice work on all the info.
greco_burst
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate, it plays and feels the same as the EGF-850 I once owned, the sound is very similar too! I just love the 59 necks.
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
? Urethan-lacquer is not poly exactly but the mix of two, in between urethan and lacquer

Nice guitar. What i find interesting is that urethane is poly urethane and poly urethane and nitro celluose just don't mix well at all. Actually in the MSDS, it recommends they not be used together at all.
Another point is that poly, acryllic and nitro are all lacquers but use different solvents making some of them impossible to use together, like acryllic and enamel. I would like to know exactly what they are using. I have read that its some different type of finish they refer to as nitro which in fact isn't really nitrocelluose lacquer at all, nothing like the Nitro Gibson and fender used originally, which is true Nitro celluose lacquer.
I have been spraying poly u, acryllic, enamel and a wide range of paints, industrial, automotive and domestic for over 30 years and find this most interesting. I think even the poly finishes they use these days are more than one specific type as i have guitars with poly finishes that look and feel totally different, also the thickness varies greatly as well. There's always something to research.....

Mick
Diodibuh
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic info. so basicly serial number system should work also for BLC guitars? I have one BLC140 and was always interested when it was made.
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis

Last edited by MIJvintage on Sat May 22, 2010 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
bacchusnut
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find there, and very cool info no doubt,....my BLC 95 has several pieces for the top and back,....and has the offset tenon,...the tenon seems wider/thicker too than my BLC 140, that has the long tenon,....both play incredibly well....
always cool to see more info on bacchus gtr's
greco_burst
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diodibuh wrote:
fantastic info. so basicly serial number system should work also for BLC guitars? I have one BLC140 and was always interested when it was made.

Yes, the serial numbering is done as the guitar came off the production line. Does yours have a soft V on the open book headstock or a sharper V? and the serial is it higher or lower than mine, maybe around the same era?
greco_burst
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIJvintage wrote:
good to see more info on Bacchus

AFA your info is concerned, then where in the time line would this one (100357) fall in place?

It has the pointed open book V head stock top
[/quote]

Hi, yours looks very much BLS-59V, more Gibson open book headstock , timeline would suggest between 1994 and 1998, my guess would be maybe 1995/6 with that serial?
I have a contact in Deviser, that I am preparing some more questions about, in particular, a possible way of knowing which serial numbers for which years, maybe to much of an ask, but i will try
greco_burst
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacchusnut wrote:
Great find there, and very cool info no doubt,....my BLC 95 has several pieces for the top and back,....and has the offset tenon,...the tenon seems wider/thicker too than my BLC 140, that has the long tenon,....both play incredibly well....
always cool to see more info on bacchus gtr's

Thank you! I will keep asking more questions gradually, and share whatever info I do receive, regards, Mick
Diodibuh
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

higher, 100936. Well, it's not mine anymore, tomorrow is leaving to another forum member. I think it has soft v. Here are two pictures

greco_burst
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diodibuh wrote:
higher, 100936. Well, it's not mine anymore, tomorrow is leaving to another forum member. I think it has soft v. Here are two pictures

Hi, only slightly higher, I would suggest between 1998 and 1999, I will ask Deviser more about serial numbers, if it is possible to ascertain which serials for which years, a big ask i think, (due to different quantities of different models made), i will post the reply. BTW, Cool Black Beauty!
Diodibuh
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent. are you familiar also with strat s.no? I have two Bacchus strats and would really like to know when they were made.
bacchusnut
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked my BLC 140 and its 100164 and the BFT-58V futura/explorer serial is 101188
greco_burst
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diodibuh wrote:
excellent. are you familiar also with strat s.no? I have two Bacchus strats and would really like to know when they were made.

Yes, I am getting information about the strats as well, very interesting so far, I will post when fully translated, thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: