Les Paul Bacchus information now resides on another forum

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
? Urethan-lacquer is not poly exactly but the mix of two, in between urethan and lacquer

Nice guitar. What i find interesting is that urethane is poly urethane and poly urethane and nitro celluose just don't mix well at all. Actually in the MSDS, it recommends they not be used together at all.
Another point is that poly, acryllic and nitro are all lacquers but use different solvents making some of them impossible to use together, like acryllic and enamel. I would like to know exactly what they are using. I have read that its some different type of finish they refer to as nitro which in fact isn't really nitrocelluose lacquer at all, nothing like the Nitro Gibson and fender used originally, which is true Nitro celluose lacquer.
I have been spraying poly u, acryllic, enamel and a wide range of paints, industrial, automotive and domestic for over 30 years and find this most interesting. I think even the poly finishes they use these days are more than one specific type as i have guitars with poly finishes that look and feel totally different, also the thickness varies greatly as well. There's always something to research..... :p

Mick

fantastic info. so basicly serial number system should work also for BLC guitars? I have one BLC140 and was always interested when it was made.

Great find there, and very cool info no doubt,....my BLC 95 has several pieces for the top and back,....and has the offset tenon,...the tenon seems wider/thicker too than my BLC 140, that has the long tenon,....both play incredibly well....
always cool to see more info on bacchus gtr's

Diodibuh said:
fantastic info. so basicly serial number system should work also for BLC guitars? I have one BLC140 and was always interested when it was made.

Yes, the serial numbering is done as the guitar came off the production line. Does yours have a soft V on the open book headstock or a sharper V? and the serial is it higher or lower than mine, maybe around the same era?

MIJvintage said:
good to see more info on Bacchus

AFA your info is concerned, then where in the time line would this one (100357) fall in place?

It has the pointed open book V head stock top
BLS-120S4.jpg
[/quote]

Hi, yours looks very much BLS-59V, more Gibson open book headstock 8) , timeline would suggest between 1994 and 1998, my guess would be maybe 1995/6 with that serial?
I have a contact in Deviser, that I am preparing some more questions about, in particular, a possible way of knowing which serial numbers for which years, maybe to much of an ask, but i will try :wink:

bacchusnut said:
Great find there, and very cool info no doubt,....my BLC 95 has several pieces for the top and back,....and has the offset tenon,...the tenon seems wider/thicker too than my BLC 140, that has the long tenon,....both play incredibly well....
always cool to see more info on bacchus gtr's

Thank you! I will keep asking more questions gradually, and share whatever info I do receive, regards, Mick

higher, 100936. Well, it's not mine anymore, tomorrow is leaving to another forum member. I think it has soft v. Here are two pictures
30.jpg

26.jpg

Diodibuh said:
higher, 100936. Well, it's not mine anymore, tomorrow is leaving to another forum member. I think it has soft v. Here are two pictures
30.jpg

26.jpg

Hi, only slightly higher, I would suggest between 1998 and 1999, I will ask Deviser more about serial numbers, if it is possible to ascertain which serials for which years, a big ask i think, (due to different quantities of different models made), i will post the reply. BTW, Cool Black Beauty! 8)

excellent. are you familiar also with strat s.no? I have two Bacchus strats and would really like to know when they were made.

I just checked my BLC 140 and its 100164 and the BFT-58V futura/explorer serial is 101188

bacchusnut said:
I just checked my BLC 140 and its 100164 and the BFT-58V futura/explorer serial is 101188

Hi, that is a nice and early serial number on your BLC140, when you consider it was the 164th set neck guitar stamped with a serial, that is early, between 1994 and 1998, just exactly when I hope i can get the answer. :wink:
The BFT-58V likely between 1998 and 1999, vintage series.

Wow, thanks for the info! So, BLS-120 WAS MADE IN 98'-99? Soft V headstock, I wondered why that was. My serial ends in 633

greco_burst said:
MIJvintage said:
good to see more info on Bacchus

AFA your info is concerned, then where in the time line would this one (100357) fall in place?

It has the pointed open book V head stock top
BLS-120S4.jpg

Hi, yours looks very much BLS-59V, more Gibson open book headstock 8) , timeline would suggest between 1994 and 1998, my guess would be maybe 1995/6 with that serial?
I have a contact in Deviser, that I am preparing some more questions about, in particular, a possible way of knowing which serial numbers for which years, maybe to much of an ask, but i will try :wink:

What's the deal with the variations in the shape of the open book headstock - I've seen a BLS with s/n 100449 and the little "V" bit in the middle is definitely less pronounced than MIJs, as is the Kingburst headstock.

Weird, because the serials are not that far apart.

Back