Help guys

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark1982

Reaction score
I am driving myself crazy.

I have pulled out of Getting a LS150 and opting for a Tokai a bit cheaper and spending the saving on a few goodies to go with it.

I will be buying form Rich tone.

But i just cant make my mind up which to plump for.

I have it down to this short list.

LC85S In black. Looks classic and cool.

LS85F in wine red Love this as a colour

LS85F Lemon Drop i love this colour as well its a bit different and its cheaper maybe for this reason.

LS85 Gold top. Classic.

I just cant make my mind up.

anyone know the if there is a weight difference between a say LC85S and a LS85F?

I like a guitar to have some weight to it

Buy your favourite colour, that's the way to buy a Tokai, IMO.

I say that because they're all identical in finish and playability, irrespective of model...they're all perfect.

I've found the LS85 models seem to weigh a little less than the 95F and other higher models.

I took a dozen into a store today, all different models from LS85 to LS150.
The guitar tech in this particular store is amongst the best techs in my country, worked for the PRS distributor in SAfrica for 15 years setting up/repairing PRS guitars, as well as all the other famous brands.
He picked up and examined most of them, he just shook his head and smiled, he basically couldn't find anything to do to any of them, everything was perfect, from the nut to the frets to the neck and the finish.

Like I said, buy your favourite colour. :)

My LC85 bought a couple of months or so back from Richtone weighs in at appx 10 lbs, but has a wonderful tone and sustain to match.

Was the last wine red in stock.

Really solid and well built and, like all guitars with that magic wow factor, sounds like a much better guitarist than me is playing. :D :D

I agonised for a few weeks over which Tokai to get and I understand your problem. I wasn't sure about the all mahogany body of the LC for some daft reason I can't recall - oh, yes that was it, it was millions of people on-line and in magazines seem to insist a Les Paul has to have a maple cap. Anyway I rang Richtone and talked it through - they were very helpful and it crystalised my thoughts. Not one regret - I wish I'd bought one years ago.

Well i went for it and went for the Lemon drop as i love that classic looking colour. Ordered a nice Tweed case as well

Guitar should arrive sometime today!!

Now i cant find out about this new Tokai guitar smell everyone keeps talkign about

mark1982 said:
Now i cant find out about this new Tokai guitar smell everyone keeps talkign about

It's actually the smell of a new nitro finished guitar we are blathering on about. You'll find that on the LS150 - not the LS85 which has a poly finish.

Nice guitar, nonetheless.

HA ha

And there was me opening up the box and thinking, what was all the fuss about.

Cant wait to plug it in and have a blast when i get home

Latest posts

Back