Orville (not ObG) pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dombat

Reaction score
Who manufactured the Orville (not ObG) pickups over the years?
How may you compare them to the Tokai, Greco and Burny MIJ pickups?

There are the Terada (K) Orville pickups and then there are the Fujigen Orville pickups and I don't think they are the same pickups.

The Terada (K) Orville pickups have no writing on them and they are wax potted and have a Ceramic magnet.
DC resistance is 7.1K for both the neck and bridge pickups and the pickups have 2 wires (no coil splitting).

Maybe they were made by Gotoh but that's a guess.

The Terada (K) Orville pickups are actually very well made pickups and I changed the stock Ceramic magnet to an Alnico magnet and they sound pretty good.

I don't have any Fujigen Orville pickups so I havn't got any specs.
Maybe they were made by Fujigen themselves.

Hi,

I always was under the impression that Orville used Gotoh pick ups. I have a pair from my 98 Fujigen Orville.
How they sound? I think they sound ok, the neck PU is a bit muddy from what I can remember. Most people tend to put different pick ups in their Orville. I have a pair of original Orville PU's for sale, if you are interested send me a PM.

Regards,

Joop

Eventually i am come here and want to say you that thanks for sharing your concept regarding the post. I am also feeling that this is one of the good posts.

hi
i got a late orville sg terada made .. no serial but with the small pots
so a late one ,,, and it has really nice sweet pickups ... to my big surprice
:D i was thinking they where crap ,,, but the are really good :D :D
so who ever made them ,,,, they did a good job
all the best
otto

Latest posts

Back