all rosewood breezysound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luis

Reaction score
I have discovered an all rosewood breezysound going for 50.000 yen.I had seen F. Japan and USA ones,but this feels an odity.What do you think about it?This makes me wonder about F. Japan,Fernandes,Tokai connection very clear.

Hi luis,
Buy it...buy it now
The all-rosewood model was only made for a few years and was worth 200,000yen in 1982 - 1984.
1 piece rosewood body, 1 peice rosewood neck, Duncan pickups, 'U' shape neck.
At that price, it is worth every penny.
regards
Peter Mac

Thanks Peter for the info.

This guitar was made about 80-81 year,so it could not to be a all rose.7okai logo.The salesman told me about ash? body.I have never seen an ash body breezysound,in catalogues neither.

Hi luis
The guitar sounds a bit "funny"
An ash body would have had a 1 piece maple neck/fb as were the original Broadcaster/ Nocaster/early Tele. To my recollection, NO ash bodies were matched to maple/rosewood necks - except for the TE-120 - which had a abalone binding around the body. Most ash bodys were used for the high-end early 50's models [ TE 80, TE-100, TE-120]
The TE-200 had a solid, 1 piece neck/fb fitted to a solid 1 piece body - all made from rosewood. This guitar is shown on the catalogs page, "early 80s" page 4,
Ask the salesguy for any pictures and see what it looks like.
regards
Peter
send me your email address and i can send you a pic from 81-82 Teles

Latest posts

Back