Help with Tokai Flying V date?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

podman

Reaction score
It has a fender style headstock (meaning six on one side) and the serial number is inked as 3029766. i did try to use the info on site here but nothing seemed to pertain to that number.
There is a sticker near the neckjoint that says "Made in Japan" and the guitar looks just like this one>>>> http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/pics.php?pic=80

TIA

-Scott

another question i would like to add...

how would one adjust the truss rod? It seems i would need to remove the neck to adjust it... that can't be right, can it?

I'll let the strat boys answer that because i know that you have to remove the neck on some guitars to do the adjustments, just not too sure with that one.

Mick

Yup, early fenders were all neck-off jobbies to get at the truss rod. It's only later on that they switched to the "bullet".

That V looks like it's the same.

WOW, those tuners take me back. They look much like a few guitars I had between '75 and '80. If you don't mind me asking, what does one of these sell for?

Axchisler said:
WOW, those tuners take me back. They look much like a few guitars I had between '75 and '80. If you don't mind me asking, what does one of these sell for?

I picked mine up yesterday at what i consider a score of a price. I got it and a Crate G-20 for 100 USD. It is pretty beat up, as i said the pictured one is not mine, but it looks just like it in color and features... although mine is lacking the zip ties that hold the tuners together.
The one I bought has been sitting in a closet out of it's case for twenty plus years, so the body is dinged to hell and the frets look brand new.

I will post a pic when i get it cleaned up.

Thanks for the response AlanN. Boy, I can't wait to adjust the truss rod :-?

If anyone knows any more specifics on this model i would sure appreciate it.

Thanks all.

Back