G - String advice needed !

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

As a user of an amp without noisegate I'm thinking about buying a pedal.I would prefer the ISP decimator but there are 2 models available : the decimator and the decimator G-string.I cannot find out exactly the difference,except from the price which is a huge one.Anybody with experience who can help me out ?

i've only tried the normal one (which i own). As far as i know, the g-string has two inputs and outputs, so you can plug it into the front of the amp and the fx loop at the same time, thus cutting both guitar and amp noise. The only problem (on paper; as i said, I haven't tried it) is that there's only one threshold control, and I'd have thought you'd ideally want two separate threshold controls, because odds are the amount of noise will be different in front of the amp compared to in the preamp. the rack-mounted version has separate thresholds for both, but I haven't tried that one, either... :lol:

sorry I couldn't help more.

Thank you,this was helpful for me.I also asked a german dealer who confirmed your statement.Don't know if 2 controls would be better,but what I found in the net,the G-string shall work properly.I will try it :lol:

I got it and it works perfectly ! :lol:
I put it first between guitar and input and had already a better result.Then I installed the gate in the fx loop serial and that's it : the noise has gone almost completely without cutting any sustain.One treshold controler is enough,that's for sure.Only one point is a little strange,yesterday it worked fine,this morning when I switched on my amp,I had distortion in every channel,even in clean mode :eek: I changed the gates battery and it's ok but I took already a brandnew battery yesterday and the system was switched off over night.So if I find out the noisegate is eating one battery per day,I need to send it back to get a new one

i use an ac adaptor, I don't know what the current draw is, but it might be quite a lot if there's a lot of processing going on...

Maybe,but one battery per day ? :eek:
Even if the gate is switched off ! It's on the way back,get a new one next week :wink:

i dunno. i've had pedals before which could go through a battery in an hour or two (digitech x-series). it all depends on the current draw.

that's why i use adaptors :lol:

Latest posts

Back