Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vox Valvetronix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobw
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Vox Valvetronix Reply with quote

Has anybody tried/bought one of these? They appear to offer a good variety of amp models and effects.
BobW
wterne
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Vox Valvetronix Reply with quote

Hi there,

yes I have checked these amps. For me, it is the best modeling amp, it
feels almost like a 'real' one.

Check out this site: http://www.valvetronix.com/ There is a beautyful
animation at the startsite and there are also some samples on it.

Greetings Wolfgang
Roadrunner 451
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one about a month and a half ago, it's the new AD120 VTX with the closed back cabinet and the new "neo dog" speakers. Just my opinon, but I think it sounds GREAT. It's not perfect, if your a nu metal type guitarist look elsewhere, but for the rest of us it's darn hard to beat. For a comparisson I did an A to B test with my 50 watt Marshall JCM 800 (an 81' model that was modded to Brit spec, EL34's in place of the 6550's we got here in the states) anyway, I thought it sounded very close to my Marshall, and after playing them both I actually prefered the Valvtronix ! Kind of made me realise I should take my Marshall in for servicing ( this is not a knock on the Valvetronix) . It's a great amp, just go to the music store your self and try it, I think you will like it.

Regards
Bill
tokaiguy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a home-made Valvtronix, I bought a pristine Vox Buckingham two years ago, an beauty but a Thomas model ,solid state...but very cool looking! I wanted desparetly to use it but it was a "Toneless Turd" The Line 6 Pod to the rescue! Guitar into Pod, Pod into Turd, Turd into Golden Relic! Ha Ha! Sounds great and looks great, that amp on it's stand Gives me a Woody everytime I look at it! And all of it under $500! TG
juliang
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Great Amps Reply with quote

Hi,
I just bought the new 60 watt version with the neodog speakers. It sounds awesome to my mind. I'm British and aging, I had a bunch of old MArshalls and AC30's back in the late 70's early 80's when they were cheap and always loved the sound. This amp totally nails those sounds and all from 1 amp!!! Footswitch is a little pricey but the quality of sound is great, wanna buy a used MArshall valvestate?

Julian
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
guywithguitar
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one (AD60VT) in early 04. In Dec 04 it went bad on me while rehearsing. Vox fixed it, said it was a bad IC. The sound it was making when it went bad was it was very flat and warbly. I used the UK Blues setting most of all as this was the sound I liked. Anyway, after it was fixed I played it another month or so, the warranty expired, and then of course it broke again the exact same way. So, I bough something else. But, I've kept the AD60VT. It seems the bad flatting out/warbling problem is only with the UK Blues setting. I can get passable sounds out of the other amp models. Maybe the IC I wore out was only in the UK Blues signal chain or something.

Anyway, I would recommend NOT getting this amp. If you're like me, there are going to be 1 or 2 settings you like and you are going to use them 90+% of the time. Since that's the case, just get the real thing or facsimile with real tubes and stay away from this DSP crap. It's too smart for it's own good. I am not a Luddite, I swear. Just get a good basic tube amp and apply your own colors through your fingers, your guitar settings, effects. My humble .02, anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: