Which Tokai to buy ?????

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Playguitar

Reaction score
Whats up Folks.

I just joined up and am bitten by the Tokai bug. I already own a boatload of old guitars, and am ready for my first Tokai. Should have bought a Reborn in 78 when I lived in London, but bought a lucite Dan Armstrong instead.
This forum just saved me from wasting my time on an "old " 2001 guitar.
You guys are on the up & up.
So I want a vintage LP . What other old tokai compares to a Reborn
Thanks

Hi,
I currently own an '82 tele copy which is awesome, ash body and maple neck, plays like a dream. I used to have a Strat copy which I regret selling top this day. A friend of mine had the love rock, les paul which was an excellent guitar. I have tried out several Gibson's but would rather get a Tokai or one of the Japanese Les Paul's by Orville. These guitars are great quality and much better value, and playability for my money. They are more difficult to find in the US than in the UK but there's always ebay.

Julian 8)

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking at a couple of Strat Tokais on Ebay. Thinking of ponying up some dough and taking a chance on one of them.
I have a Salmon pink MIJ Fender 52 RI Tele, and let me tell you, it's just as good as any American Fender. It plays like buttah !!

Hi again,
I agree about the Fender MIJ stuff. I have an ash body, maple neck strat MIJ, bought about 8 years ago, great guitar. I had a couple over the years and with the possible exception of the pickups they are just as good as US made. I seem to be turning into an MIJ guitar freak, help is there any hope for me? Live less than 20 miles from the Gibson factory in Nashville, maybe they'll send me a freebie Les Paul to try and change my mind, RIGHT!!!!

MIJ are good, but having just played a couple of love Rocks, I think it is overrated. Still think Gibson, Fender, Heritage, G&L kick ***. I think the only Tokai I want is a Reborn, and for about $700.00 And remember there is no free guitar...... Take care Dude.

Agreed that some MIJs are great.... but theres a lot of so-so stuff out there too. I own quite a few MIJs now, some Fenders some not, and I`ve sifted through a bunch to find the keepers. I have a 1978 Les Paul Reborn that was modified by somebody so I got it cheap. REAL cheap... but I`m in Japan so that helps at times, though prices are on the rise for vintage MIJ guitars here. Also found a 1984 Tokai strat that I was lucky to get. Both are very nice and play great. Hope you find what you`re looking for.

Is that you who found the reborn for 115,000 yen ? Thats about $103.00.
Good deal!!! Hey if you ever run into a good deal, and want to pass it up, let me know, I would be happy to pay you a finders commission. As you know I'm looking for a 70's Reborn. Well see you. I'm off to play at a Blues Benefit. Got to go set it up. Peace !!!

those numbers don`t work.
I have never mentioned the exact price I paid on any site. But it was a bargain due to the mods... but if I were to buy a set of Duncans like the ones that were in it, I would pay more than I did for the guitar. Deals like that don`t come around very often,.

hmmmm, i'm scheming on a 79 lp reborn, and i may be offing either a 1980 reborn old, or a 1980 love rock. both are ls-80 with cases.

Latest posts

Back