try this here,,,1979 lp reborn,,,ls100

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Reaction score
has a very subtle curly top. is the top solid, not veneer, in 79 on that model?

anybody?

no url, it belongs to a friend who lives far away, and language is a barrier. i thought someone may know.

Hi Lasher ? quote ?i thought someone may know???OK, I understand now. Well, you need someone who owns an LS-100 Reborn, although I think that may be a pretty rare beast - most Reborns I see are LS50, and those are always said to have solid tops (albeit plain grain, 3-piece). However, if you look at other current threads here, you?ll see there?s now a good deal of debate about construction on all models. Watch this space?I guess :-? .

Ian.

this is a gorgeous guitar, **** near mint. wide, curly, subtle flame. barely over 8 pounds, double white pickups, he's having dmc covers installed on it now. he's getting out of his gibsons and gibby clones, has a 68 gt with pafs! it's a beauty.

i'm going to off my 80 love rock and apply the funds to the ls100....he bought the 100 on yahoo for 105,000 jpy. i may off my 80 reborn old as well,,,but i really like it.

my LS60 Les Paul reborn from 1978 has a 2 piece solid maple cap, not veneered.
105,000 yen eh... old MIJs are now fetching more than they did new. There are lots of vintage MIJs around Japan, one of the good points of living here. Oh... my LP reborn was modified with Duncans so I paid a lot less than your Japanese friend did for his .

my 1980 ls80's have solid 2 piece tops, but very little figure.

my friend tells me it is a solid 2 piece top,,,cool, now i have to get it. it's got the most subtle, wide, ribbon flame. has double white dimarzio pickups, which are original as well. scheming as fast as i can!

Don't forget the pics when you get it. Oh yeah, and we want the solid top proof too :wink: :D

if kaz tells me it's solid, it is. this is a very astute collector. he owns 2 54 strats, a 57, 59, 61 strat as well. several old wood gibby's. marshall's to die for. i haven't seen anything but photos of the top when he bought it, but i believe him. it's now at his tech's shop getting a new nut and dmc aged covers put on the pickups. when he sends me some pics, i'll post them. and if i get it, i'll post even more!

Latest posts

Back