"Make in Korea" HELP!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jockai said:
...what rhymes with strat ???

Hat, combat, beer mat, cat, brat, fat, flat, mat, matte, sat, that.

Twat & pratt are a little obvious, don't you think?

Welcome to the club. The one screw and the serial number were a dead give away. Here is my Canadian Fakai. It is actually a really good guitar. Trade value was $500 Cdn. But it came with upgrades, Rio Grande pickups, Grovers, bone nut, 50s wiring.

3666298496_f58b1701c5_o.jpg

A lot of people out there still don't know these are fakes. I saw them for sale at two major music stores in Toronto a few years ago. It appears they built in Korea by the factory that makes Canadian Dillions for a distributor in Waterdown just west of Toronto. There are a number of threads on this.

Hi Robert, there are at least 5 stores in Canada still selling these as the "real thing" and i am sure they know as well. I have contacted a few of them with no reply, even JSD still sell them and they know they are fakes... :evil:

Mick

Hey, i found yet another "make in korea" one in the classifieds. The difference being this one came with it's very own case !!! Sorry i couldn't remember the name of the fake Tokai site but thought you might like to add this to the collection.

2urwgus.jpg

SNAZZY !!!!

brokentoes said:
Hey, i found yet another "make in korea" one in the classifieds. The difference being this one came with it's very own case !!! Sorry i couldn't remember the name of the fake Tokai site but thought you might like to add this to the collection.
SNAZZY !!!!

Yes, when that poster originally posted pics, he didn't have headstock pics. I asked him to post those and he did. It is clearly a Fakai. I've actually let him know about that by private email a couple of days ago; no response and he hasn't changed the ad. But I think he genuinely didn't know (if he did, he wouldn't have posted the headstock pics) and is just now trying to figure out if what I've told him is accurate.

The link to that classified post is below. AlmostTokai guys, grab the pics before they're gone ...

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-TOKAI-LOVE-ROCK-les-paul-copy-GUITAR-W0QQAdIdZ171074421

To add to the observations: most of the "Tokai" that I've seen advertised in Ontario, Canada over the last 9 months, including stores, have been these Fakai -- I'd say at least 80%. Very sad ...

Back