A review of the Cornell Plexi Seven

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I traded my Bluesbreaker RI for something smaller last spring...

01.jpg

Never got around to write a review when I got it, but now when the honeymoon is over I finally set things up and wrote my thoughts and recorded some clips of it.

You'll find it at my blog: www.guitarlounge.tk

Happy reading!

:D hey the UK guys, how is the reputation of CORNELL amps in the UK now? since EC used them for a while? the best UK hand-made amps???

Very good review. 8)

I bought a Romany Plus earlier this year, went down to collect it from Denis himself. You couldn't wish to meet a nicer guy, & I'm sure he would talk for hours about amps & tones. And he has a Tokai Goldstar to try the amps with. :wink:

I'm very pleased with mine, gorgeous sounds even at the lowest volume setting.

Mike

far as i know, they're very well-regarded. I've only tried the romany plus, it was great. Dunno about the best british amp-maker, there are lots of good boutique british amps being made at the moment, and it depends on what type of tone you want, etc. etc. (e.g. cornford would be better if you want higher gain tones, while cornell would be better for vintage tones, and there are lots of other guys making nice amps too).

here's the website, joe:

http://www.dc-developments.com/

SUSHI GUY said:
8) where is his office located in mikeman?

On the Essex coast in Southend, where we used to go when I was a lad. It has the longest pier in the UK. Not much more than an hour's drive from my part of London.

Cornell does vintage, as Dave says. The Plexi range are early Marshall clones, the Romany range are basically early Fender Champs, & mine has gorgeous spring reverb too, which I have to have on any amp. I think he does some early Vox based stuff too, but there was too much information to take in when Denis started talking about amps!

wow, yeah, you're right, they've gone up a lot. There was talk about them going up on the retailers' websites which sold them, but I didn't expect them to go up that much... :lol:

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, Denis is in fact a very nice guy who makes very nice amps! :)

I agree with Mike, it sounds lovely even at the lowest settings in the latest evenings ;)

Latest posts

Back