Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WOW, A Bacchus Section
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Diodibuh
Guitar God


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 690
Location: Slovenia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new toy in the house

Bacchus BST 54V


sisters


sisters and cousin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
DaveWW
Guitar God


Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 1451
Location: North East UK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking Bacchus - bet it plays nice too

Dave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
youami
Guitar God


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 651
Location: Aussie in NZ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I love 54 strats and I bet that one is joy to play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diodibuh
Guitar God


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 690
Location: Slovenia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diodibuh wrote:
I have a question - what is main difference btw Yuta VS-1 and VS-2?


to answer my question - now I have two Bacchus guitars (54V and 62) + extra Yuta pickup set I just installed in Tokai SS (+ changed all electronics and wired 2 volume, 1 tone pot - if anyone needs that schematics, let me know).
I compared both Bacchus and find that BST62 has more gain. I put guitar apart. Ohm meter shows around 6,4 k on pickups, on 54V and other Yuta pickups shows around 5,7 k Ohm. So looks like there are two version of Yuta pickups - Yuta VS1 5,7 k (in 50's Bacchus) and Yuta VS2 6,4 (in 60's Bacchus).
I also found this web site with Fender pickup specifications and makes sense.
If Bacchus makes clones, also pickups should be similar to original year stratocasters
http://www.provide.net/~cfh/pickups.html

both guitars (now actually all three guitars) with different Yuta pickups sound really really great. So if you need to upgrade strat I definitelly recommend Yuta pickups
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bacchusnut
Power chords are my friend


Joined: 01 Jul 2009
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diodibuh wrote:
Diodibuh wrote:
I have a question - what is main difference btw Yuta VS-1 and VS-2?


to answer my question - now I have two Bacchus guitars (54V and 62) + extra Yuta pickup set I just installed in Tokai SS (+ changed all electronics and wired 2 volume, 1 tone pot - if anyone needs that schematics, let me know).
I compared both Bacchus and find that BST62 has more gain. I put guitar apart. Ohm meter shows around 6,4 k on pickups, on 54V and other Yuta pickups shows around 5,7 k Ohm. So looks like there are two version of Yuta pickups - Yuta VS1 5,7 k (in 50's Bacchus) and Yuta VS2 6,4 (in 60's Bacchus).
I also found this web site with Fender pickup specifications and makes sense.
If Bacchus makes clones, also pickups should be similar to original year stratocasters
http://www.provide.net/~cfh/pickups.html

both guitars (now actually all three guitars) with different Yuta pickups sound really really great. So if you need to upgrade strat I definitelly recommend Yuta pickups


Very cool post , great info,...i dont have a bacchus strat yet but would def like to buy one sometime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doctor J
Plucker


Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 7
Location: Tipperary, Ireland

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, count me in

02 Standard 5 bass



04 Empire



07 Woodline P Classic



08 Duke Master



08 T Master



09 G Player




Hmmm... note to self, make smaller pics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mick51
Guitar God


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 719
Location: Urbandale, Iowa, USA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The T-Master and G-Player are fantastic. Grain shows right through the backs. Bacchus just does a super job.
_________________
There is no revolution, only evolution..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JVsearch
Guitar God


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 2017
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor J wrote:
Hey, count me in...

Hmmm... note to self, make smaller pics


Nah, those pics are just about spot on - we like to see 'em clearly! So you actually own all those? Damn nice collection, and good to see someone who supports the newer designs despite the fact that they are not vintage correct.

I love my Duke Master Gold Top, just a superb guitar, and definitely plays better than my Vintage Series SG, although the comparison is a bit unfair as they are very different guitars. I've also got a Momose Strat, and blimey, that is a good playing and sounding Strat. I was shocked at how easy to play it is, because I've always believed Strats were hard to play, and you have to fight them etc etc, but this one is great.

You should probably have had the forum name of "Bacchusnut", but it was already taken.
_________________
Totally biased towards Japanese made guitars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diodibuh
Guitar God


Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 690
Location: Slovenia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice collection, i think only one les paul with humbuckers is missing...or is allready on wish list?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Doctor J
Plucker


Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 7
Location: Tipperary, Ireland

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, I love every one of them. Whatever it is Bacchus do just seems to suit me.

JVsearch wrote:
Damn nice collection, and good to see someone who supports the newer designs despite the fact that they are not vintage correct.
Thanks, I like the tweaks they make, smaller bodies, contours on the Tele, the turbo knob on the strat... the classic designs just made a little better, in my opinion.

Diodibuh wrote:
very nice collection, i think only one les paul with humbuckers is missing...or is allready on wish list?

I have an old Eggle that fits the bill there, luckily, cos the missus would turf me out if I brought home another one
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bacchusnut
Power chords are my friend


Joined: 01 Jul 2009
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a great collection!!,.....
i'm def into those 4 string basses,.....i bet its sweeeet!
i remember seeing a tele like that one ,.....damn they are alllll nice!
good stuff ,.....
bacchus is such an amazing gtr that even my girlfriend can hear a difference in quality / tone ,...when i play any of my bacchus gtr's ,....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doctor J
Plucker


Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 7
Location: Tipperary, Ireland

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bacchusnut. Good name

Not too long ago I picked up this pair of Godlyke Disciples which, since they're made by Deviser too, probably deserve a place here also. These are really fantastic basses, the necks in particular are really very comfortable. They've been discontinued sadly and seem to trade for absurdly low money, given how good a bass they actually are.




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bacchusnut
Power chords are my friend


Joined: 01 Jul 2009
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool name too doctor j,....

very very nice bass gtrs there,...i never knew about the Godlyke Disciples ,...they look beautiful!,....
i came sooooo close to buying a moon jj fretless a little while back,.....for now i'm just jammin on a 87' musicman stingray 4 string ,....it has a cool growl to it when played with a pick.
i also have a fodera from around 84' but that just stays in storage till i sell it ,....amazing bass though,....
what kind of an amp do you use for your bass'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doctor J
Plucker


Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 7
Location: Tipperary, Ireland

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an Ashdown ABM 300, the first evo with compact 1x15 and 2x10 cabs. It's just a loudener really, I usually just bypass the EQ altogether, I'm fortunate that these basses sound great flat, you don't need to play about with the amp to get a great tone. I actually sold a Stingray when I scored the deal for the Godlykes You can't go wrong with a Stingray though. I've never played a Moon but everything I've heard about them has suggested I ought to.

Tell me more about this Fodera
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bacchusnut
Power chords are my friend


Joined: 01 Jul 2009
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor J wrote:
I've got an Ashdown ABM 300, the first evo with compact 1x15 and 2x10 cabs. It's just a loudener really, I usually just bypass the EQ altogether, I'm fortunate that these basses sound great flat, you don't need to play about with the amp to get a great tone. I actually sold a Stingray when I scored the deal for the Godlykes You can't go wrong with a Stingray though. I've never played a Moon but everything I've heard about them has suggested I ought to.

Tell me more about this Fodera


ashdowns are sweet amps!,....
the fodera i have has the sweetest neck i have ever played smooth like glass,....i traded a whole recording rig for it a loooong time ago, it was horribly abused had a broken switch and the finish looked terrible ,....soooo dry (it has an oil type finish ) i was able to bring it back to a beautiful finish ....it has a khaler trem (very 80's ) i think it has a 6 piece neck the neck is 3 pieces and the headstock is 3 (if i remember correctly),..it has the neck through design which is done in a very unique way,....all of my friends say it blows away the tone of my musicman,.....its sitting in my parents place since i'm living with my girlfriend ,.....it has soooo many tone variations to it ,....it has the mike pope pre, which can be switched off with a toggle and a 3 way eq switch to get a ridiculous amount of tone variations,..... it has emg pups with 2 volume and one tone knob,....its amazing for playing on the neck with both hands and creating very cool jazzy sounds heres a pic of it with the musicman stingray,...the pic isnt a good pic ,.....i have to get around to taking some pics of all the gtrs ,....its probably the rarest of all my gtrs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group