WOW, A Bacchus Section

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new toy in the house ;)

Bacchus BST 54V
1.jpg

sisters
2.jpg

sisters and cousin
3.jpg

Diodibuh said:
I have a question - what is main difference btw Yuta VS-1 and VS-2?

to answer my question - now I have two Bacchus guitars (54V and 62) + extra Yuta pickup set I just installed in Tokai SS (+ changed all electronics and wired 2 volume, 1 tone pot - if anyone needs that schematics, let me know).
I compared both Bacchus and find that BST62 has more gain. I put guitar apart. Ohm meter shows around 6,4 k on pickups, on 54V and other Yuta pickups shows around 5,7 k Ohm. So looks like there are two version of Yuta pickups - Yuta VS1 5,7 k (in 50's Bacchus) and Yuta VS2 6,4 (in 60's Bacchus).
I also found this web site with Fender pickup specifications and makes sense.
If Bacchus makes clones, also pickups should be similar to original year stratocasters ;)
http://www.provide.net/~cfh/pickups.html

both guitars (now actually all three guitars) with different Yuta pickups sound really really great. So if you need to upgrade strat I definitelly recommend Yuta pickups ;)

Diodibuh said:
Diodibuh said:
I have a question - what is main difference btw Yuta VS-1 and VS-2?

to answer my question - now I have two Bacchus guitars (54V and 62) + extra Yuta pickup set I just installed in Tokai SS (+ changed all electronics and wired 2 volume, 1 tone pot - if anyone needs that schematics, let me know).
I compared both Bacchus and find that BST62 has more gain. I put guitar apart. Ohm meter shows around 6,4 k on pickups, on 54V and other Yuta pickups shows around 5,7 k Ohm. So looks like there are two version of Yuta pickups - Yuta VS1 5,7 k (in 50's Bacchus) and Yuta VS2 6,4 (in 60's Bacchus).
I also found this web site with Fender pickup specifications and makes sense.
If Bacchus makes clones, also pickups should be similar to original year stratocasters ;)
http://www.provide.net/~cfh/pickups.html

both guitars (now actually all three guitars) with different Yuta pickups sound really really great. So if you need to upgrade strat I definitelly recommend Yuta pickups ;)

Very cool post , great info,...i dont have a bacchus strat yet but would def like to buy one sometime.

Doctor J said:
Hey, count me in...

Hmmm... note to self, make smaller pics

Nah, those pics are just about spot on - we like to see 'em clearly! So you actually own all those? **** nice collection, and good to see someone who supports the newer designs despite the fact that they are not vintage correct.

I love my Duke Master Gold Top, just a superb guitar, and definitely plays better than my Vintage Series SG, although the comparison is a bit unfair as they are very different guitars. I've also got a Momose Strat, and blimey, that is a good playing and sounding Strat. I was shocked at how easy to play it is, because I've always believed Strats were hard to play, and you have to fight them etc etc, but this one is great.

You should probably have had the forum name of "Bacchusnut", but it was already taken. :)

very nice collection, i think only one les paul with humbuckers is missing...or is allready on wish list? ;)

Cheers guys, I love every one of them. Whatever it is Bacchus do just seems to suit me.

JVsearch said:
**** nice collection, and good to see someone who supports the newer designs despite the fact that they are not vintage correct.
Thanks, I like the tweaks they make, smaller bodies, contours on the Tele, the turbo knob on the strat... the classic designs just made a little better, in my opinion.

Diodibuh said:
very nice collection, i think only one les paul with humbuckers is missing...or is allready on wish list? ;)
I have an old Eggle that fits the bill there, luckily, cos the missus would turf me out if I brought home another one :D

what a great collection!!,.....
i'm def into those 4 string basses,.....i bet its sweeeet!
i remember seeing a tele like that one ,.....**** they are alllll nice!
good stuff ,.....
bacchus is such an amazing gtr that even my girlfriend can hear a difference in quality / tone ,...when i play any of my bacchus gtr's ,....

Cheers Bacchusnut. Good name :wink:

Not too long ago I picked up this pair of Godlyke Disciples which, since they're made by Deviser too, probably deserve a place here also. These are really fantastic basses, the necks in particular are really very comfortable. They've been discontinued sadly and seem to trade for absurdly low money, given how good a bass they actually are.

gd4.jpg

gd5.jpg

cool name too doctor j,....

very very nice bass gtrs there,...i never knew about the Godlyke Disciples ,...they look beautiful!,....
i came sooooo close to buying a moon jj fretless a little while back,.....for now i'm just jammin on a 87' musicman stingray 4 string ,....it has a cool growl to it when played with a pick.
i also have a fodera from around 84' but that just stays in storage till i sell it ,....amazing bass though,....
what kind of an amp do you use for your bass'?

I've got an Ashdown ABM 300, the first evo with compact 1x15 and 2x10 cabs. It's just a loudener really, I usually just bypass the EQ altogether, I'm fortunate that these basses sound great flat, you don't need to play about with the amp to get a great tone. I actually sold a Stingray when I scored the deal for the Godlykes :lol: You can't go wrong with a Stingray though. I've never played a Moon but everything I've heard about them has suggested I ought to.

Tell me more about this Fodera :D

Doctor J said:
I've got an Ashdown ABM 300, the first evo with compact 1x15 and 2x10 cabs. It's just a loudener really, I usually just bypass the EQ altogether, I'm fortunate that these basses sound great flat, you don't need to play about with the amp to get a great tone. I actually sold a Stingray when I scored the deal for the Godlykes :lol: You can't go wrong with a Stingray though. I've never played a Moon but everything I've heard about them has suggested I ought to.

Tell me more about this Fodera :D

ashdowns are sweet amps!,....
the fodera i have has the sweetest neck i have ever played smooth like glass,....i traded a whole recording rig for it a loooong time ago, it was horribly abused had a broken switch and the finish looked terrible ,....soooo dry (it has an oil type finish ) i was able to bring it back to a beautiful finish ....it has a khaler trem (very 80's ) i think it has a 6 piece neck the neck is 3 pieces and the headstock is 3 (if i remember correctly),..it has the neck through design which is done in a very unique way,....all of my friends say it blows away the tone of my musicman,.....its sitting in my parents place since i'm living with my girlfriend ,.....it has soooo many tone variations to it ,....it has the mike pope pre, which can be switched off with a toggle and a 3 way eq switch to get a ridiculous amount of tone variations,..... it has emg pups with 2 volume and one tone knob,....its amazing for playing on the neck with both hands and creating very cool jazzy sounds heres a pic of it with the musicman stingray,...the pic isnt a good pic ,.....i have to get around to taking some pics of all the gtrs ,....its probably the rarest of all my gtrs
2vrxt3n.jpg

Latest posts

Back