Effects Pedal Repairs

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuBee

Reaction score
The LED has packed up on my MXR Carbon Copy (everything else seems ok with the pedal) and I'd like to get it repaired.

Can anyone recommend somewhere where I could send it or does anybody on the board repair pedals?

Cheers

Lu_B

I'm with Mick...just a quick solder job..old one out/new one in.
AND...I'd switch it to the new style Blue bulbs...gives it that "modern" look...everything seems to have Blue lighting these days :roll:

Lubee,
if you haven't soldered before, I can do it for you. I'm near Oswestry in Shropshire, so I'm not far away.

I'm not guaranteeing that there's nothing wrong except the LED, though, and you'll get a full refund if it doesn't work, cos there's no charge.

PM me for contact details, if you're interested.

While we're problem solving here, any idea where I can get my Tom Tom sat-nat fixed? It's getting temperamental about recharging, seems like a dodgy connection on the charger.

:cry:

Mike

stratman323 said:
While we're problem solving here, any idea where I can get my Tom Tom sat-nat fixed? It's getting temperamental about recharging, seems like a dodgy connection on the charger.

:cry:

Mike

It isn't easy fault-finding remotely, but it's most likely a frayed wire or poor solder joint in the charger leads, as they get pulled about a bit. I don't have a Tom-Tom (I forget what my satnav is called), so I'm assuming the charger arrangement is similar to mine. If you've got any sort of continuity tester or multimeter, check the lead continuity while wiggling the connections.

If you have a friend with a TomTom, you could borrow his charger lead and see if that sorts the problem. If it does, then you could always get a replacement or have a go at repairing it.

If it's an older unit, maybe the rechargeable battery inside is becoming geriatric. I bet there will be someone in the London area on here who'll take a look at it for you.

Ozeshin said:
AND...I'd switch it to the new style Blue bulbs...gives it that "modern" look...everything seems to have Blue lighting these days :roll:

They have blue LEDs from birth :wink:

Latest posts

Back