LS90Q - OR IS IT? Have I done the right thing?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keir

Reaction score
I know you guys hate getting questions AFTER the guitar has been bought, but I've just bought a guitar on eBay which I have a few questions about. :oops:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150371013190&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The photos are not very high res, but can you gurus identify it? The guy seems confident that it is a 90 or above based on the specs.

Hi folks, I?m not sure exactly what model this is, but I?m pretty confident it?s a 2004 LS-90Q. The models reflect the guitars value in Yen and thus change with inflation. Guitar is in overall good condition, though there are a few small chips/dents.

This one has a stunning quilted top, long tenon neck joint, great action and Seymour Duncan alnico pro 2 pickups. It has the usual LP appointments ? mahogany back, maple cap. The neck profile is close to that of a 50s Gib, it?s fatter than a 60?s. Gotoh Hardware, has also had Schaller strap locks fitted ? will provide the strap parts. The pots have been changed for good quality dimarzio and one Gibson pot and the switch is a switchcraft. It?s a stunning guitars, plays fantastically.

I work with G?s, and if you want a G? LP, buy one. But if you want something that is 90% there for a quarter of the price ? buy this.

Comes in a brown hardcase.

If it's all above board, $710 (AU) is fairly reasonable isn't it?

Looks ok to me but the only thing he got wrong was the long tenon, these guitars have a deep joint medium tenon. Other than that it looks ok, the serial number will tell you its build date.

Mick

Looks legit to me. $AU710 is an good price for that guitar, especially with the pickup and electronics upgrades...and the hardcase too! They seem to go for a shade over a grand new elsewhere.

Back