Tokai Neo Select???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gasp100

Reaction score
Confused, definitely looks MIJ (and says MIJ on the back of the headstock) but I've never, ever even heard of the Neo Select line by Tokai. Cheaper? No Good? What do you think?

Excellent hand made guitars and usually if not all are high end guitars.
I have 2 guitars made by the luthier that makes the "neo select" guitars and they are both excellent guitars. Show us some pictures ...

Mick

It's on Ishibashi which is why I hesitate to provide pics (not that I don't trust in the Tokaiforum brethren to let me have first shot but... :)
It's probably out of my price range including shipping ~$130USD brings it to over $1K. But, maybe not if it really is THAT amazing of a guitar.
Do you have to have any details on this line? Nitro or poly? Pickups? Etc...?

There are a lot of guys on here that would have seen it already, ishibashi is a popular place to buy in Japan. Here is a link to the Guy that makes these guitars for Tokai, he is and has been for a very long time, one of the best high end luthiers for Tokai, he has also made guitars for deviser.
http://www.meikyokudo-neo.show-buy.jp/index.htm

Sorry there is no translation but at least you can verify the guitar.

Mick

8) "neo-select" is the special order high end tokai gtrs from the store called Neo in nagoya, japan. the owner was the ex-engineer of tokai who did a lot for them in the 80/90s. mick has 2 gtrs by him and they are very nice. sure better than usual tokais. the quality of "neo-select" is sure way higher than the regular tokai custom orders even the both are the tokai custom orders. its because the owner knows so much about the gtr making and is still very close to tokai so he can get the best of the bests of tokai anytime. thats the "neo-select" gtrs basically, usually........j

http://www.meikyokudo-neo.show-buy.jp/tokai%201.htm

the man's name is "kunishi furuhashi"..........aka "924"...........
he does no english basically so try talk to him through your japa friends....
he also does "sword" gtrs....... 8)

leadguitar_323 said:
Still with us Joe.... :D

Mick

:wink: hellooooooo my mickman how r u from my hotel in LA! all goin fine and stay in LA til i go home. talk to ya whenever possible! gday mickman!

Back