Tokai direct

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mick,

It looks like a clearance house for the Tokai Inventory that is available from time to time.

The "member" prices appear to be the same as the "street" price, which is 20% off RRP.

Here in Oz, until you get up into the Premium Series, the RRP is less, or very close to the same as the Japanese prices. Naturally, I include Duty and GST in my calculations on guitars over $1k AUD. So, if people want to save a small amount, or even pay more for the benefit of local warranty support, it is their call.

I certainly have no problem with it. You should have heard the screams from the shops here when we told them we were going to be selling them direct. I reckon if they can't sell 'em, it is time to go back to the sheltered workshop.

stratmoto said:
Mick,

It looks like a clearance house for the Tokai Inventory that is available from time to time.

The "member" prices appear to be the same as the "street" price, which is 20% off RRP.

Here in Oz, until you get up into the Premium Series, the RRP is less, or very close to the same as the Japanese prices. Naturally, I include Duty and GST in my calculations on guitars over $1k AUD. So, if people want to save a small amount, or even pay more for the benefit of local warranty support, it is their call.

I certainly have no problem with it. You should have heard the screams from the shops here when we told them we were going to be selling them direct. I reckon if they can't sell 'em, it is time to go back to the sheltered workshop.

8) do you mean this and so no more tokai dealer ships (at least the large size) in OZ from this year?

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Tokai-Direct__W0QQ_armrsZ1

:roll: :eek: :roll: :eek: :cry:

SUSHI GUY said:
stratmoto said:
Mick,

8) do you mean this and so no more tokai dealer ships (at least the large size) in OZ from this year?

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Tokai-Direct__W0QQ_armrsZ1

:roll: :eek: :roll: :eek: :cry:

No,

Just the opposite.

The small shops that were not doing well with Tokai complained the most. :-?

One shop that had not bought a Tokai in over 18 months threatened legal action. A sad situation. :(

Another shop told me that "electric guitars are not selling at the moment, the last Firebird took 2 years to sell". :roll:

Some shop staff can not tell the difference between a Japanese and a Chinese Tokai. :evil:

Some just do not like paying their bills. :oops:

The best shops are still selling Tokai guitars all around Australia. Our Tokai Direct prices are fixed. If you want to negotiate, you go to one of our stores and get the personal service and price.

I do not think Ned would appreciate me posting our 2009 price list, but Australian guitarists get a very good deal. It is up to them to take advantage of it.

stratmoto said:
Mick,

Thanks Peter, that is basically what i was thinking would be the case. There are also the added risks of shipping internationally and not being able to "try before you buy".

Mick

Australian guitarists get a very good deal. It is up to them to take advantage of it.

Australian guitarists & music stores don't understand what a great deal you're giving them...they should get down on their knees and thank you, IMO. :)

RocknBlues said:
:eek: does this mean we won't be able to buy new Tokai's from our local dealers anymore? :cry:

Your local store did not want to take any Flying V's, Firebirds, 3 pickup SG Customs or SG43's. We also supported Mark with an endorsement Talbo that he plays on a regular basis. Still waiting for some kind of recognition or even a "thank you". :eek:

I don't think that Nambour is a ghost town, but I was told that "electric guitars are not selling" which goes against what is happening elsewhere, particularly with the models mentioned.

They had the choice to move forward with better, (read lower), pricing on models that they had not carried before. This would have given them even better opportunities to sell more Tokais.

They obviously chose not to continue, which is probably better for every one as they seemed to be looking for reasons not to sell guitars.

Ralph White at Mermaid Beach are still doing very well with Tokai and would recommend you give them a try. Great, easy to get along with people too.

Hi peter

obviously you have never been to Nambour,, Jamie Dunn who does Agro even wrote a song about Nambour that sums the town up preaty well,, have a listen,,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVTRM_zSst4

I think Mark and Ellissa are nice people and they are doing a great job trying to promote Tokai guitars but they are also competing against some big guns such as Billy Hyde music and Mooloolaba music (which is like a supermarket).

As far as Mermaid beach is concerned the people that live around that area have more money and the area is a bigger tourist draw-card than here.

If it wasn't for Mark I would not own Two Tokai's and hopefully more in the future, There are still a lot of people or guitarist's who don't know about Tokai but if you mention Gibson, Fender or Epiphone they know exactly what you are talking about.
I know in this day and age people are shopping online allot, but if we don't have real people like Mark and Ellissa to promote the product and explain the pros and cons then I for one would not have given Tokai a second look, thinking that it was just another cheap copy of the more expensive brands that the other two music chains I mentioned above only stock.

I didn?t know about Tokai selling direct from a division but it?s really interesting.You can buy from Tokai with confidence you can be sure.And I?m sure Misako will help you choosing your Tokai instrument.

And it seems Tokai pedals are back again.Fantastic!

One point to buy direct from Japan is you got a real headstock shape and not a dimpled,that?s a reason enough to buy there for many many people.

Back