Ebay tokai looks fake

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's not showing the whole truss rod cover and the hardware looks chrome. Too grainy and too few pics to decide. :roll:

fake, the spray is poor, quilt looks like foto or lam, hasn't even listed the correct Japanese price. Would have been 256k even with discount.

check out the real 320's on universe and compare.

0 feedback new member, steer well clear.

Oh yes, didn't notice the 320 description. Also claims 1 year old, but has a pointy TRC and altered headstock. Fake beyond doubt.

The headstock is actually the "new" altered headstock, which came into being late 2002/early2003 (I think). The pic of the truss rod cover looks erm...iffy. Why only show the top? It's definitely been changed from stock, but is it 2 or a 3 screw affair?

One thing for sure, and that is this guitar IS NOT an LS320! More likely it's an LS85Q, as that is certainly what it looks like.

Verdit: Definite scam.

Oops! I think I just "outed" our seller. Check out page 9 of the 1997 catalogue - its looks to be a MIK ALS50Q. Nothing wrong with Korean, but it's not represented as such. Five bucks says if he flipped it around, it'd have white control cavity plates.

This registry is such a valuable resource. :wink:

Hey Novosel, I'm from Vancouver too!
You know any good guitar shops in the area that might have old Tokais?

Boogle,
Crossroads Guitars in Port Moody is a Tokai dealer. I don't think they have any older models, but Randy, the owner, is quite selective about the ones he chooses to hang on his walls. Email me...I'd love to get a look at that LS80 of yours.
Gary

buy it buy it buy it..cheap :lol:

It cannot be a 320. 320's are handmade and the headstock tuner holes have the original '59 style spacing. This is an ordinary tokai spacing :eek:

:eek: More and more I see the TRC's from the 80's showing up on Korean models, I know why we don't see the whole headstock I gaurantee two screws at the bottom :evil: TG

guitar has been relisted and sold with slightly different details

fake, no doubt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3724811959

mea culpa on this one

it seems like buyer was satisfied....

from ebay:
"Great to deal with, would highly recommend Buyer timo29( 161)"

Back