My 'Killer' arrived..

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Mow

Reaction score
Ok, its a bass.. can't help you guys with input on the guitars!

Its pretty freakin cool to look at, the mirrored pick guard is fairly flashy.. prob not going to go down to well in a country band! But for the guys I'm playing with it will be fine (and its not just another boring sunburst jazz bass!).

The finish is flawless, the fit of all of the parts is perfect (I've never actually seen pickguard holes that line up properly with the holes drilled in the body.. on the Killer.. PERFECT.

The finish.. well, typical of most modern Japanese guitars I guess, poly and perfect, not ultra thick, but can't feel the woodgrain.. bit too plastic for my tastes, but its good. The neck joint is really long, much much longer than a Fender, it sustains like crazy and the pickups are really nice.. It thumps like a *******!

The hardware.. hmm.. small bodied Gotoh tuners, do the job I guess, the bridge however.. bit cheap and nasty.. Guitar fetish sell em for $20 but its a minor niggle.

All in all.. Killer.. very happy! And I love that its different, but not so different that it looks cheap.. its a reversed Ric bass body, with a Jazz bass setup and neck!

Apparently it was the sig model for the bass player from Dir En Grey or something.. don't really know who they are though..

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

www.killer.jp

20 century boy said:
Congrats! it looks very nice! :p a bit of rick, a bit of jazzbass...

Yah, like a Ric, a Jazz bass, a glam metal band and a mandolin got really drunk, had a party and 9 months later!!

Thats why I like it, people look at it and go.. 'is that a.. no.. is it a.. ah..'!

Played it at rehearsal last night..

whoa.. major neck heaviness!!..

But.. sounds so frickin MIGHTY!! but the neck being 24 frets and a smallish body means that first fret feels soooo far away, it forces you to play in a punk power stance the whole time!! Not really a bad thing!!

:evil:

Back