Orville LP Junior Doublecut - show your 'working class-LPs'!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Marcus!
Looks great! Is it a poly-finished version or the rare nitro-model? Looks ****?new! Chrome- or nickel hardware?

mojoburst said:
Hi Marcus!
Looks great! Is it a poly-finished version or the rare nitro-model? Looks ****?new! Chrome- or nickel hardware?

It's the limited run, nitro version. It is new and untouched, unplayed - still has plastic on it. One of those impulse buys - too good to pass up.

I'll have to look at it again regarding the hardware. I think it's nickel but I'm not sure.

Epi3.jpg

Great pic. Really thin coat, sunken into the wood, as you can see on left side between P-90 and bridge in the light-reflection! Hardware looks like chrome.

Meanwhile I named my ORVILLE LP Junior 'SALSA PICANTE' ?cause of it?s hot, spicey & multi-variant sound. Here some new footage of SALSA PICANTE and a gorgeous TOKAI TJ-85 FCH ?08 Custom Shop, property of BigEd (BIG thanx!!!)
BigEdsMojotopsguitar-weekendMIJ--7.jpg

BigEdsMojotopsguitar-weekendMIJ--8.jpg

20 century boy said:
between the tokai and the ORville, wich is your favourite?

Really hard to say! The TOKAI is a rarity (custom-ordered by golfredo, only 12 made!). The color is much darker than the ORVILLE Jr., but I like it. Playability is nearly identical. Both guitars show a nice, strong (fat?) neck-profile. The ORVILLE has a 2pc-body, the TOKAI is made of 1 piece mahogany. Tone & Vol.-pots of the TOKAI are slightly offset, Ed noticed this accidentally. Both models are reliced by their owners, my Orville is a bit harder aged and needs to be 'fine-finished' these days. Emotionally I set my heart to my ORVILLE, but I don?t like to answer your question :wink:

marcusnieman said:
Nice.... I like the rug too.

:D !

It?s my 'Guitar-pics-background-rug', looks kinda 'mexican-I-don?t-know-what'-style. I like it ?cause every guitar looks good on it, is well recognizable annnnd... ...looks good... ...again. :wink:

mojoburst said:
marcusnieman said:
Nice.... I like the rug too.

:D !

It?s my 'Guitar-pics-background-rug', looks kinda 'mexican-I-don?t-know-what'-style. I like it ?cause every guitar looks good on it, is well recognizable annnnd... ...looks good... ...again. :wink:

I use area rugs behind most of my photos too... they do make a nice backdrop.

Tell me about the Princeton with the brown tolex.... old one? Reverb model?

It?s an all original 1961-model! Very nice sounding, not heavy, very clean. Belongs to BigEd, owner of the TOKAI Junior shown in the pics.

Don?t care ?bout that! If it sounds the way you like it: Give a ****?bout changing it or what ever...
The Dogear P-90 in my ORVILLE LP junior is a monstrous singin? or sweet whispering buddy with tons of character and balls! I?d be a totally idiot if I?d change him!

mojoburst said:
Don?t care ?bout that! If it sounds the way you like it: Give a ^&*(?bout changing it or what ever...
The Dogear P-90 in my ORVILLE LP junior is a monstrous singin? or sweet whispering buddy with tons of character and balls! I?d be a totally idiot if I?d change him!
Yes, I had a Tokai SG Jr (2009 model) but the sound of the Tokai P90 was not as good as the Burny P90, that's why I have sold the Tokai guitar.

I'd like to find a Greco SG Jr to compare. :D

Latest posts

Back