Breezy Sound bridge cover

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z0mbee

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm still new here, so be gentle!

I have recently received an ATE-70 for my birthday, in rosewood effect. As a massive Beatles fan (and George in a tribute band), it's pretty much the best one i could've got. Pictures will follow shortly ;)

Anyway, i was wondering about the compatibility of the bridge cover that was fitted to earlier Teles. I have seen many on eBay for a reasonable price, but wasn't sure if they would fit a Tokai.

The bridge surround seems to be identical to a Fender one, so i'm hopeful, but has anyone else had any success with this?

Shameful bump - has no-one fitted a bridge cover to their Breezy Sound? I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but surely someone has tried?

I've seen a few fitted to Springy's, and the attention to detail, dimensions etc on Tokais is pretty good so I would imagine one would fit.

Look awful if you ask me :wink:

JohnA said:
I've seen a few fitted to Springy's, and the attention to detail, dimensions etc on Tokais is pretty good so I would imagine one would fit.

Look awful if you ask me :wink:

Cool, at least it looks like one will probably fit.

They do look a little odd, but i'm in a Beatles tribute band as George, and his had one - historical accuracy wins, i guess :-? lol

z0mbee said:
They do look a little odd, but i'm in a Beatles tribute band as George, and his had one - historical accuracy wins, i guess :-? lol

That's a pretty cool gig!!

JohnA said:
z0mbee said:

That's a pretty cool gig!!

Thanks - it's great fun, and the local tribute band scene is quite receptive to The Beatles' music, so works out well for us too :)

Just a shame that Tokai don't make Rickenbacker replicas, otherwise i'd now be on the lookout for one of those too!

z0mbee said:
Thanks - it's great fun, and the local tribute band scene is quite receptive to The Beatles' music, so works out well for us too :)

Just a shame that Tokai don't make Rickenbacker replicas, otherwise i'd now be on the lookout for one of those too!

z0mbee, Tokai *does* make Rickenbacker replicas. I had an opportunity a couple of years ago to buy a Tokai 12 string which was an almost exact replica of John Lennons Rick, but at the last moment I passed on it as I'm not really comfortable playing 12 strings. Check out Craigslist, Kijiji or EBay, you may see them pop up from time to time. As a matter of fact, the one that I was checking out was listed on Craigslist.

z0mbee said:
JohnA said:
z0mbee said:

Apparently Greco also made one. I spotted this post earlier.

http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/forum/other-replicas/greco-rickenbaker-on-craigslist-la/

Back