Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Ochanomizu"........ tokyo super guitar street !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitehall
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a show on Palladiem about Weezer playing in Japan and they filmed them going thru one of the Ishibashi stores. Very cool to see.
Koubayashi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
Koubayashi wrote:
To get a working permit you need a Bachelor degree or higher.

Wow, that must be one of the most restrictive immigration policies in the world.

Rather normal outside Europe actually.
I live in a country which is one of the most generous immigran countries and the result makes me appreciate the system Japan has.
Of course, the Japanese way has its negative aspect as well but still better than Sweden.
Mr.Mow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koubayashi wrote:
Mr.Mow wrote:
Koubayashi wrote:
The reason why they aren't too keen on helping westers is that they simply don't speak English (in general) and even if they do a bit, they don't have the confidence to approach a "professional" English speaker.

Same everywhere in Japan!!

Thats why I try my terrible Japanese on em!! Great way to break the ice.. especially with chix! Couple of times I had shop girls in hysterics with my VERY limited VERY bad japanese.. laugh along with em, its all fun! Oh and drawing out their english is fun too, they get all shy and blush, give em compliments.. end up with free drinks and a great night out!

I found the staff at Ishibashi to be the most friendly..

We did have some bad experiences though (usually from older folk) who just flat out did not want to deal with us (ie refused to let us into their restaurant or just made it clear that we should go to another store)

Having said all that.. I'd move there tomorrow if I could, I've loved every moment I've spent there.

I have a chefs certificate and would love to come to Japan to learn Yakitori.. One day I'd love to open a Yakitori bar here in Australia, but PROPER Yakitori, not the godawful stuff they sell here

Chances that you get a chefs job in Japan are pretty low (if you mean a Japanese style resturant) because you are a "gaijin" and because your Japanese isn't fluent.

To get a working permit you need a Bachelor degree or higher.

Oh I don't even want a paid job, just a chance to STUDY! even for a couple of weeks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: