Help needed with ebay orville please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaulblues

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm i'm looking at an orville on ebay could someone tell me if it's a
good guitar and what it's worth.Do you think it has a 50's neck profile.
Has anyone used aqua music japan guitars on ebay before.
Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300336337020&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The neck profile is most likely a 60's profile. Not many Orville's have a 50's profile except for the high end OBG's.

I would think it's worth around $600 - $700USD. Especially since the postage is included.

I know one person in the UK that has bought a guitar from Aqua and had no problems at all, seem like they are trustworthy.

The ad states Neck profile: medium C, the Orvilles I've playes have all had '50's profile necks, but I havent played that many! It's a nice looking guitar though, I expect the price will creep up over the next few days!

I would say that "Medium C" would be a good description of these necks. I've had about 10 Orville's and none of them would be what I consider a "Fat '50's profile; I would say they are more between a '59 and '60. I thin these necks feel pretty good but don't expect a big '58 style profile.

:)

I don't know anything about the dealer but PCRocker'***** the nail on the head about the price and the necks. The OBG LPR's (reissues) do have fatter necks than any of the Standards and feel great but still they aren't the fattest ones around.

Back