Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

in Texas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ezra1
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: in Texas Reply with quote

Not intending to slight any forum dealers,but are there any places in Austin,or Dallas Texas that might have some Orville or Greco guitars that I could check out? Got a short road trip planned mid week.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: in Texas Reply with quote

ezra1 wrote:
Not intending to slight any forum dealers,but are there any places in Austin,or Dallas Texas that might have some Orville or Greco guitars that I could check out? Got a short road trip planned mid week.

Hard to say but you'll want to try these:

AUSTIN

Heart of Texas Music
Austin Vintage Guitars
Guitar Resurrection
Guitar Center

DALLAS

Charley's
Guitar Center (one of the stores has a couple Tokai Love Rocks but they are WAY overpriced
ezra1
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heart of Texas is Ray Hennig's place,right? Is Austin Vintage in that same strip center but around the corner?I think that there is a guitar repair place next to that one......there is a Guitar center on the North side of town,is Guitar Ressurection near there?......In Dallas,I have only been to Charley's once since Mark Pollock left...But if I don't see any vintage Japanese guitars,I will ask.....thanks
ned
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Austin Vintage and Heart of Texas are in the same shopping center. Not sure you will find much useful at HofTX. You might find a Orville or Greco at Austin Vintage.

For the "Live Music Capital of the World" Austin has some of the worst shops in the state.
Porsche 911 Racing
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezra1 wrote:
In Dallas,I have only been to Charley's once since Mark Pollock left...But if I don't see any vintage Japanese guitars,I will ask.....thanks

Charley's is still Charley's...... cool store. Have a look around - never know what you'll find.

Mark retired and moved to Alpine, Texas......way out in the West Panhandle. He's opened up a shop called Trans Pecos Guitars. Here's the website:

http://www.transpecosguitars.com/
ezra1
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Ned,I agree about the austin shops,it was never much vintage stuff in the early 90's either........Austin Vintage has alot of older amps too.I always stop in at South Austin Music .Guess I was hoping that someone would have a specialty japanese guitar shop unlike Guitar Center's new spikey,pointy "don't run with that!!!You might fall and put out your eye!! type guitars"at least that is what Mama said. lol
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hit the pawn shops before I hit Guitar Center - especially in Austin.
ezra1
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,I'll troll the pawn shops Thursday in Austin.It will be interesting.
ezra1
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About what I expected.Pretty dismal showing for japanese guitars.Austin Vintage had an Aria Pro2 with a "semi"open book headstock Les Paul.A CashAmerica Pawn shop had another one,but the headstock was different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: