in Texas

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezra1

Reaction score
Not intending to slight any forum dealers,but are there any places in Austin,or Dallas Texas that might have some Orville or Greco guitars that I could check out? Got a short road trip planned mid week.

ezra1 said:
Not intending to slight any forum dealers,but are there any places in Austin,or Dallas Texas that might have some Orville or Greco guitars that I could check out? Got a short road trip planned mid week.

Hard to say but you'll want to try these:

AUSTIN

Heart of Texas Music
Austin Vintage Guitars
Guitar Resurrection
Guitar Center

DALLAS

Charley's
Guitar Center (one of the stores has a couple Tokai Love Rocks but they are WAY overpriced

Heart of Texas is Ray Hennig's place,right? Is Austin Vintage in that same strip center but around the corner?I think that there is a guitar repair place next to that one......there is a Guitar center on the North side of town,is Guitar Ressurection near there?......In Dallas,I have only been to Charley's once since Mark Pollock left...But if I don't see any vintage Japanese guitars,I will ask.....thanks

Yes Austin Vintage and Heart of Texas are in the same shopping center. Not sure you will find much useful at HofTX. You might find a Orville or Greco at Austin Vintage.

For the "Live Music Capital of the World" Austin has some of the worst shops in the state.

ezra1 said:
In Dallas,I have only been to Charley's once since Mark Pollock left...But if I don't see any vintage Japanese guitars,I will ask.....thanks

Charley's is still Charley's...... cool store. Have a look around - never know what you'll find.

Mark retired and moved to Alpine, Texas......way out in the West Panhandle. He's opened up a shop called Trans Pecos Guitars. Here's the website:

http://www.transpecosguitars.com/

Yeah Ned,I agree about the austin shops,it was never much vintage stuff in the early 90's either........Austin Vintage has alot of older amps too.I always stop in at South Austin Music .Guess I was hoping that someone would have a specialty japanese guitar shop unlike Guitar Center's new spikey,pointy "don't run with that!!!You might fall and put out your eye!! type guitars"at least that is what Mama said. lol

About what I expected.Pretty dismal showing for japanese guitars.Austin Vintage had an Aria Pro2 with a "semi"open book headstock Les Paul.A CashAmerica Pawn shop had another one,but the headstock was different.

Latest posts

Back