Greco

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozeshin

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1977-GRECO-LES-PAUL-TENON-AND-DOWEL-TOP-END_W0QQitemZ180389120306QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments?hash=item2a00078932&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Any ideas as to what it may be?

Ozeshin said:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1977-GRECO-LES-PAUL-TENON-AND-DOWEL-TOP-END_W0QQitemZ180389120306QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments?hash=item2a00078932&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Any ideas as to what it may be?

Chambered model - EG500?

In his auction blurb he dribbles:
ASYOU WELL KNOW IT IS VERY HARD TO FIND THE EXACT MODEL OF THESE GUITARS, HOWEVER I KNOW THIS ONE IS TOP END (BETTER THAN THE EG500 FOR INSTANCE) AS SHOWEN BY THE TENON AND DOWEL NECK JOINT AND 2 PIECE TOP.
So he's under the impression that it's NOT an EG500.
$800 for an EG500 is pretty rich so I wanted to know if it's a higher model as the seller seems to think/wish it.
I sent him a message asking if it's chambered.

You can see in one of the cavity pics Oze, see the gaps either side of the cavity and no routes in the cavity.

BQLnRQB2kKGrHgoOKkEjlLmYq-kBKbtSqtL.jpg

Mick

I sold this one on ebay a few weeks back, i think whoever buys it from the current seller will have a nice surprise awaiting them when they see the major rashes on the back edges that seem to have been left out of the description and pics(a bit more than just "wear") :-? weird how the seller takes credit for the seymour duncans too, they were in it when i bought it!. It is a really nice guitar to play although its certainly not any higher than a eg500 considering its chambered.

sebtones said:
I sold this one on ebay a few weeks back, i think whoever buys it from the current seller will have a nice surprise awaiting them when they see the major rashes on the back edges that seem to have been left out of the description and pics(a bit more than just "wear") :-? weird how the seller takes credit for the seymour duncans too, they were in it when i bought it!. It is a really nice guitar to play although its certainly not any higher than a eg500 considering its chambered.

Over 9lbs for a chambered guitar? Yowza!

I sent this bloke a detailed response about this guitar and he chose to ignore it, even after asking for help to identify it..... that is way too much money for that thing..... :eek:

Mick

Latest posts

Back