Bacchus BST-64V Relic Arrives

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems a shame to re-finish that - white is such a cool colour for a Strat. I love my gold Strat, but I love my white Goldstar nearly as much.

If you must do it, I would recommend Aztec. I think that's what mine is anyway. Anything but Tokai's Gold Metallic!

144_4447.jpg

144_4448.jpg

Sorry about the crap pics.

stratman323 said:
Seems a shame to re-finish that - white is such a cool colour for a Strat. I love my gold Strat, but I love my white Goldstar nearly as much.

If you must do it, I would recommend Aztec. I think that's what mine is anyway. Anything but Tokai's Gold Metallic!

already have the BST-64V in VWH so I really don't want two white ones :wink:

thinking of going with SG, followed with a tinted clear coat to warm it up/darken it, then with a non tinted/regular clear for the final coats.

The tinted clear over the SG should get me about where I want to be color wise, and over time it should darken a bit.

I have it's sister, a BST-57V white relic, again with no backplate, it's my main gigging guitar, despite my love for Les Pauls, a Strat suits our music better, and I like a relic as you don't worry too much about the odd ding!

I agree with Mike, it's a shame to refinish a perfectly good Strat, especially a white one, if you find a gold one I'll take that off your hands! :wink:

Yes the SOB one was interesting it had aged much more than I've seen a guitar of that age do?? Maybe it had had some help with the aging process?

It was a typical Bacchus though, top quality Strat!!

Sweet looking Bacchus Rich! Reminds me a lot of Martin Rotsey's (Midnight Oil) old strat.

MidnightOil_28Jan05_052.jpg

I still think you should get this:

http://www.digimart.net/inst_detail.do?instrument_id=DS00669602

youami said:
I still think you should get this:

http://www.digimart.net/inst_detail.do?instrument_id=DS00669602

I have contacted many sellers from digimart & on several occasions, Big Boss included, and I have yet to receive a single reply from Big Boss.

I feel lucky if I get just a fart from any seller on digimart :lol:

digimart sellers in general have to be the kings of no reply ...................

Lovely strat. I think the relic look on that one is just about right - lovely example. Like others have said it's a shame to change it but it's you guitar.

Dave

Latest posts

Back