Bugera Marshall clones

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozeshin

Reaction score
I tried one of the 1990 amps today...it's basically identical to a Marshall JCM900.
Check this out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFv-VBRrtlA
For what it's worth I was very impressed..but it's not my cup of tea...
Still waiting til my shop owner mate get's me a 1960 plexi clone in a week or two.
This amp was too...."Marshall" for me and I went off Marshalls after I sold my 1976 JMP.

I don't understand why they copy masrhall jcm 900 which is actually one of the worst marshalls on the market :-?

The 900 Bugera clone that I tested was an "acceptable" replica...
meaning that if you were in the market for a high gain metal machine then bang for buck it's the best option on the market.
It stands up alongside the Kerry King model Marshall...which is a suped up 900 anyways...but doesn't come close to the Vintage Modern for sheer tone.

Ermmmm despite all the negative feedback I've gone and splashed out on the Bugera 1990 model.
My mate made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
I actually found that if you scoop the mids and don't run the gain flat out(it goes up to 22 on the lead channel) you can get a decent Hard rock tone.
You can change the valves to whatever you like without needing to rebias so maybe a valve swap is in order...I'd like more of a Brit tone than the yank metal tone it has now....
But I have to say that playing it brings out the flashbacks to my "hair metal" days....even though it's now "Scalp metal" :roll:

$799...too good to say no to...plus his 1960 model is on backorder I got sick of waiting for it to arrive.
Would have preffered a plexi clone but this is plenty Marshall I guess...actually sounds better when you back the gain saturation off...more old school.

Latest posts

Back