WOW, A Bacchus Section

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIJvintage said:
Thanks Ned :D
I feel like I'm home now 8) ........................

+1, big thanks! A very good idea. :D

So this forum can include:

Bacchus
Built by Aska
Sonix
Headway (accoustics)
Deviser Special Specification:
-Evo
-Stun Rise
-STP
(never seen any of these)

Seventy Seven
Momose
Riverhead (old brand from the 80's)

There may be a couple more, I'm not sure.

excellent!
one more BST 62
1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

Bacchus strat are very nice. Only thing is all the ones I've tried have C or U necks and I like V necks. In fact most japanese made strats I have tried have c or U necks. Only Tokai fit my taste. :)

Thanks Ned. :D An excellent addition to this fine forum.

My contribution - I believe it's a BST-64V as it has a cap board. The neck is really too fat for me, but I'm reluctant to let it go as it's such a high quality guitar, it feels and sounds like it should have cost at least twice as much as they usually sell for. Big, fat, warm sound - excellent pickups too.

I still prefer the slimmer neck on a RW board Goldie though. :lol:

I don't think it's Lake Placid Blue, so maybe Ocean Turquoise?

154_5441.jpg

153_5303.jpg

153_5302.jpg

20 century boy said:
Bacchus strat are very nice. Only thing is all the ones I've tried have C or U necks and I like V necks. In fact most japanese made strats I have tried have c or U necks. Only Tokai fit my taste. :)

The maple necked Bacchus Strat's have big old V necks, I have a BST-54V and a BST-57-V both have nice big V profiles just like the originals they copy. The RW boards have C profiles, again true to 62 or 64 Strats.

JohnA said:
The RW boards have C profiles, again true to 62 or 64 Strats.

The 60s Strats I've tried have all had necks closer to the profile of a Goldstar - a fair bit slimmer than a Bacchus. I'm sure there were fatter ones too, I just haven't come across them.

Thanks Ned for the new Bacchus section, I'm sure it will generate alot of interest in these not-so-vintage Japanese masterpieces!!

Here's my little Bacchus collection, Three Strats, a white, factory relic BST-57V, an Ocean Turquoise BST-64V, and a 2T sunburst BST-54V, that's actulally currently jointly owned between myself & Diodibuh :wink:

And my latest addition a BSL-59V Les Paul, that's is a fantastic guitar, and the lightest LP I've ever played weighing in at a tiny 7 1/2 pounds!!

DSC01540.jpg

DSC01542.jpg

JohnA said:
2T sunburst BST-54V, that's actulally currently jointly owned between myself & Diodibuh :wink:

And my latest addition a BSL-59V Les Paul, that's is a fantastic guitar, and the lightest LP I've ever played weighing in at a tiny 7 1/2 pounds!!

partners in one guitar ;)
nice paula, I really like plain tops. how she sounds comparing to your ls120?

Diodibuh said:
JohnA said:
2T sunburst BST-54V, that's actulally currently jointly owned between myself & Diodibuh :wink:

partners in one guitar ;)
nice paula, I really like plain tops. how she sounds comparing to your ls120?

Tricky question, I've just been playing my 1979 LS80 Goldtop, and it definetely has something the Bacchus doesn't! They are all great guitars though, I wouldn't say any of my LP's are 'better' than any of the others, but the weight of the bacchus is great news for my poor old back :wink:

Hey Arkay, Guess I bought one just in time for the new category!!! :D
BWkJhB2kKGrHgoH-EEEjlLlLvtBKYBi--1.jpg

Back