Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fender JV-115 ....omg!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
greco_burst
Guitar God


Joined: 17 Apr 2009
Posts: 558
Location: Brisbane, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Fender JV-115 ....omg! Reply with quote

I just saw this listing on japan yahoo auction, and she just went for over 290,000 yen .......getting rare now?

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d96685829

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stratman323
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the top of the range model with nitro finish?

Mike
Back to top
JohnA
Guitar God


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 4176
Location: Leicester UK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
Is that the top of the range model with nitro finish?

Mike


Certainly is! It's the cream of the JV range, a lot of money, but they don't come round too often
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Koubayashi
Guitar God


Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 1544
Location: Tokyo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my first 115 JV Strat for 60000yen in a shop in Ochanomizu
And I kept on buying til they went over 100000yen.

I prefer Fullerton over 115. They age more nicely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cali Girl
Guitar God


Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 545
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow More high prices!

Is this guitar better specs than a Tokai LS-80?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stratman323
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali Girl wrote:
Wow More high prices!

Is this guitar better specs than a Tokai LS-80?


You mean an ST80?

290,00 yen, thats ?1845, $3050. That's about the going rate for a Fullerton. You could probably get an ST80 for half that.
Back to top
chrisheyes
Guitar God


Joined: 05 Feb 2005
Posts: 714
Location: NW England

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I got this one when I did !!!!

It's got the original owners name on the neck plate













Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cali Girl
Guitar God


Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 545
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
Cali Girl wrote:
Wow More high prices!

Is this guitar better specs than a Tokai LS-80?


You mean an ST80?

290,00 yen, thats ?1845, $3050. That's about the going rate for a Fullerton. You could probably get an ST80 for half that.


Yes, I meant ST-80. I wonder how it compares to the tokai model specs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greco_burst
Guitar God


Joined: 17 Apr 2009
Posts: 558
Location: Brisbane, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisheyes wrote:
I'm glad I got this one when I did !!!!

It's got the original owners name on the neck plate















WOW!!!
Nice photo's chrisheyes thank you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TOKAI JOE
Guitar God


Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 993
Location: JAPAN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisheyes wrote:
I'm glad I got this one when I did !!!!

It's got the original owners name on the neck plate
















whats the name of the original owner???
_________________
http://www.petitiononline.com/MDUK/petition.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Innadaze
Guitar God


Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 181
Location: Los Angeles, California USA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender JV-115 ....omg! Reply with quote

greco_burst wrote:
I just saw this listing on japan yahoo auction, and she just went for over 290,000 yen .......getting rare now?

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d96685829


Wow! And that's in Japan, not US Ebay. Either somebody really wanted it badly or, considering what my my JVs cost when I got them, I just got a lot richer.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jvdaze/rkJVz/RKjvs.html
_________________
Innadaze-n-LA!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chrisheyes
Guitar God


Joined: 05 Feb 2005
Posts: 714
Location: NW England

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOKAI JOE wrote:
chrisheyes wrote:
I'm glad I got this one when I did !!!!

It's got the original owners name on the neck plate



whats the name of the original owner???


Masatoshi Satoh

Thanks greco_burst & Tokai Joe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stratman323
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali Girl wrote:
Yes, I meant ST-80. I wonder how it compares to the tokai model specs.


I'm not familiar with the JV 115s, but I would assume that they are comparable in specs to an ST80 & a Fullerton (US) 57 or 62RI. They should all be very good Strats, it's just a matter of preference as to which is better.

Mind you, most of the Fullertons are likley to have a 3 piece body (typical Fender specs for an original 57 or 62 Strat), whereas an ST80 will be 2 piece. Despite that, I still reckon a Fullerton has the edge over an ST80, but it's a very slight edge. And it's not really about quality, I just love the Fullerton 62RI necks & the softer nitro they used.

Any of these guitars should be the next best thing to a genuine late 50s or early 60s Strat, & comparable to a modern Custom Shop Strat, IMHO.
Back to top
Koubayashi
Guitar God


Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 1544
Location: Tokyo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
Cali Girl wrote:
Yes, I meant ST-80. I wonder how it compares to the tokai model specs.


I'm not familiar with the JV 115s, but I would assume that they are comparable in specs to an ST80 & a Fullerton (US) 57 or 62RI. They should all be very good Strats, it's just a matter of preference as to which is better.

Mind you, most of the Fullertons are likley to have a 3 piece body (typical Fender specs for an original 57 or 62 Strat), whereas an ST80 will be 2 piece. Despite that, I still reckon a Fullerton has the edge over an ST80, but it's a very slight edge. And it's not really about quality, I just love the Fullerton 62RI necks & the softer nitro they used.

Any of these guitars should be the next best thing to a genuine late 50s or early 60s Strat, & comparable to a modern Custom Shop Strat, IMHO.


Customshops are not as vintage detail correct as JV. They also lack 25 years of playing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stratman323
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koubayashi wrote:
Customshops are not as vintage detail correct as JV. They also lack 25 years of playing


In what way? Apparently the dot marker spacing is wrong on some of the Fullertons too, but I couldn't give a toss about that.

I agree with you about the age issue, but as new guitars go, they tend to be pretty good. And they should age well over the next 25 years, if regularly played.

The same applies to the Bacchus vintage series, at significantly less cost.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group