Yahoo Auction - EGF-1200 Anyone????? 5 days to go.......

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
villager said:
RyanC said:
CliffsComicWorld said:
200,000 yen = approx $2000 USD...= a Steal of a price...

Seriously, Cliff? Even adding the cost of the neck repair? Call me crazy, but I'd rather wait for clean, non-broken example and pay market value for it. Just my opinion.

Good luck fellas! :D

or not... :D :D

Anyone up for a little Texas Hold 'Em? :wink:

It is my opinion,(and I would put my money on it) that the Greco is a nicer,better playing and sounding guitar than 9 out of 10 Gibsons that would cost at least $1000 more...solid top or not.. this is just my experience of what I have played.
I want to see what Ryan thinks...

With the curent prices on the Japanese vintage guitars half my collection would buy me another flat in central Tokyo :D So keep on hype them please :D

But I still can't stand veneer :D

Though I agree, feeling and sound is more important.

MIJvintage said:
at current conversion the ending price was ~$2350

for that kind of money I would need a 1 piece body & a solid top too :D

also add in the cost of the repair which is basically an unknown issue, because I don't speak or read Japanese

also, what is the weight of the guitar?

from the listing I can gather that it is a 1980 Greco EGF-1200 with Dry Z pups; other than that I don't know shizzle about it ..............

In total agreement. High risk purchase to say the least! I wouldn't spend my money that way.

There was a lot more good and hopefully honest info than on a lot of ebay listings! In one of the published answers to questions he stated that the guitar weighed no more than 4kgs.

Dave

So what? Most super real I have played were less than 4 kg. That's normal for a 80 Mij Guitar...

That's normal for a Les Paul generally speaking. It's a surprise only for players of recent Gibson. ^^

So what? I was just answering MIJVintage earlier post as he didn't seem to have been able to find the info on the auction pages.

Dave

DaveWW said:
There was a lot more good and hopefully honest info than on a lot of ebay listings! In one of the published answers to questions he stated that the guitar weighed no more than 4kgs.

Dave

I take it you read Japanese?

I didn't see any English language in the listing other than a half dozen words .............

20 century boy said:
So what? Most super real I have played were less than 4 kg. That's normal for a 80 Mij Guitar...

That's normal for a Les Paul generally speaking. It's a surprise only for players of recent Gibson. ^^

I haven't played many Super Real examples & I expect that (most) any model of solid body is likely put together with random pieces of lumber

Having said that my 1980 EGF-850 was 9 lb. 8 oz. & my 1980 EGF-1000 was over 10 lb.

9 lb. 4 oz. is pretty much my top limit for a Lester style fiddle ..........

The 8.75 lb. to 9.0 lb. range is (usually) where I find the best Lesters :)

Yes, click on translate at the top of the page

http://www.japanauctioncenter.com/view2.php?seturl=http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h131446045

Dave

"There was prompt decision hope by question 1, but does not think. I do not understand the weight in haka re-が nothing Ino, but think that there are more than 4 kilos."

Does he mean the guitar weighs >4 K, or <4K :lol:

Latest posts

Back