Fender JV-115 ....omg!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stratman323 said:
Is that the top of the range model with nitro finish?

Mike

Certainly is! It's the cream of the JV range, a lot of money, but they don't come round too often

I bought my first 115 JV Strat for 60000yen in a shop in Ochanomizu :D
And I kept on buying til they went over 100000yen.

I prefer Fullerton over 115. They age more nicely.

Cali Girl said:
Wow :eek: More high prices!

Is this guitar better specs than a Tokai LS-80?

You mean an ST80?

290,00 yen, thats ?1845, $3050. That's about the going rate for a Fullerton. You could probably get an ST80 for half that.

I'm glad I got this one when I did !!!!

It's got the original owners name on the neck plate

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_5859.jpg

IMG_5857.jpg

IMG_5862.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_5856.jpg

stratman323 said:
Cali Girl said:
Wow :eek: More high prices!

Is this guitar better specs than a Tokai LS-80?

You mean an ST80?

290,00 yen, thats ?1845, $3050. That's about the going rate for a Fullerton. You could probably get an ST80 for half that.

Yes, I meant ST-80. I wonder how it compares to the tokai model specs.

greco_burst said:
I just saw this listing on japan yahoo auction, and she just went for over 290,000 yen .......getting rare now?

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d96685829

8)
Wow! And that's in Japan, not US Ebay. Either somebody really wanted it badly or, considering what my my JVs cost when I got them, I just got a lot richer.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jvdaze/rkJVz/RKjvs.html

Cali Girl said:

I'm not familiar with the JV 115s, but I would assume that they are comparable in specs to an ST80 & a Fullerton (US) 57 or 62RI. They should all be very good Strats, it's just a matter of preference as to which is better.

Mind you, most of the Fullertons are likley to have a 3 piece body (typical Fender specs for an original 57 or 62 Strat), whereas an ST80 will be 2 piece. Despite that, I still reckon a Fullerton has the edge over an ST80, but it's a very slight edge. And it's not really about quality, I just love the Fullerton 62RI necks & the softer nitro they used.

Any of these guitars should be the next best thing to a genuine late 50s or early 60s Strat, & comparable to a modern Custom Shop Strat, IMHO.

stratman323 said:
Cali Girl said:

I'm not familiar with the JV 115s, but I would assume that they are comparable in specs to an ST80 & a Fullerton (US) 57 or 62RI. They should all be very good Strats, it's just a matter of preference as to which is better.

Mind you, most of the Fullertons are likley to have a 3 piece body (typical Fender specs for an original 57 or 62 Strat), whereas an ST80 will be 2 piece. Despite that, I still reckon a Fullerton has the edge over an ST80, but it's a very slight edge. And it's not really about quality, I just love the Fullerton 62RI necks & the softer nitro they used.

Any of these guitars should be the next best thing to a genuine late 50s or early 60s Strat, & comparable to a modern Custom Shop Strat, IMHO.

Customshops are not as vintage detail correct as JV. They also lack 25 years of playing :D

Koubayashi said:
Customshops are not as vintage detail correct as JV. They also lack 25 years of playing :D

In what way? Apparently the dot marker spacing is wrong on some of the Fullertons too, but I couldn't give a toss about that.

I agree with you about the age issue, but as new guitars go, they tend to be pretty good. And they should age well over the next 25 years, if regularly played.

The same applies to the Bacchus vintage series, at significantly less cost.

thats a prettyhigh price in Japan for a 115, the reason is because of the colour, 3TS was very very rare for 115's, as was fiesta Red, then after that you get the custom ordered colour 115's which have an ''O'' in the neck pocket rather than an ''A'' now those are really rare....

ST-100's are higher spec than JV-115's, but specs on JV-115's and ST-80's are essentially the same, but they are really very different neck shapes, also theres a big difference between the dimarzio E's and the fender PU's, and the fender grey backed and red backed are rarer and more valued than the black backed, with the red commanding a premium over the grey, even though they seem exactly the same except the bobbin colour...

...the grey and red bobbon ones were original fullerton made and date stamped, these were in JV's till mid/late 82, then they started using the black bobbins instead..

8) mr.masatoshi satoh huh.....wonder where he is today?

佐藤 正敏 ........his name. written som like this maybe.......

villager said:
thats a prettyhigh price in Japan for a 115, the reason is because of the colour, 3TS was very very rare for 115's, as was fiesta Red

Really? I thought 3TS was the most common colour? :eek: What was the most common colour then?

two tone sunburst, black, white, candy apple red, fiesta red, 3 tone sunburst in that approx order...for the 115's...

fiesta red and 3 tone sunburst are pretty rare in the other models too...

Surely the JVs were historically accurate regarding colours even though Tokai were not? So 3TS on the RW board models, 2TS on the maples? Which should mean that both SBs are equally common?

If white 115s are common, I'll have two please. :wink:

Latest posts

Back