Tokai Goldstar Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it does... OMB colour code, Old Metallic Blue perhaps? V stamped pickups, i think this could be an elusive lefty tst-65/70, i am trying to get a hold of the original owner to see if he remembers what sticker was on it.

You are most probably right Mike, just thinking about the extra yen for being a lefty as well as the custom colour. Can't wait to play it...

Yes ,a60 or above would have a 4 digit serial number and a V neck.(that`s not a pullover by the way!)Gabe.

The neck is a v neck(not a pullover) although it's not a 4 digit serial, it's a 5 digit serial number. For me an excellent '56 replica.
*Edit* Oops, not '56 but '54. :oops:

I have played it for all of 5 seconds... The strings sounded dull and wouldn't ring out properly, so i thought i would change them. When changing them, the nut that was on the guitar(non original) came away in at least 3 pieces,(Nightmare!) so i've ordered a new bone nut and am waiting for it to arrive. Also, its refreshing to have a guitar with proper lefty staggered pickups!!!

Ok got the nut replaced and have been playing it constantly, it is an excellent guitar i must say. True vintage tone from this baby... very impressive! Any way i gave it a good clean up, got most of the tarnishing off the saddles and bridge, very pleased with this Goldie.

Back