Wow! What's happened to the MIJ Market?!!?!?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Reaction score
Greetings Ya'll!

It's been a LONG time since I last posted here. I think my last few posts were when I was thinning out the herd, and man did I thin it out! I had some real beauties that I wish I had as I've got that bug again. (An old webpage www.backyardbullet.com/guitar.html I still have the white Orville, Tokai LS-200, Orville by Gibson, and Gibson Faded DC...no they aren't for sale! :lol: )

Anyways, for the first time in years, I stopped by my old "candy store" shops that used to carry Tokai's, Burny's, Greco's Orville's, etc. Years back, you could pick up the nicest MIJ guitar for no more than $400...tops! They were eager to get Gibson and Fender, and wanted to sell the MIJ's cheap.

So back to my travels yesterday...I browsed and was shocked to see what they are asking for MIJ guitars now! I did a search on ebay and couldn't believe all of the different sellers with MIJ guitars, AND the prices they were starting the auctions at. Very high!

Is the market pretty saturated with MIJ guitars now? Seems as though they aren't as hard to find...which I would think would drive the prices down unless it is a rare piece.

Good to see the forum is still up and running! Nice to see some of the same people still here too!

Dana

I agree - prices have risen to the point where the guitars are no longer fun curiousities. Everything is rare and collectable, even lower end models! Lots of disinformation about the true quality level of the instruments as well. You have to work hard to find value and bargains.

Back