Headphone Recommendation

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sscanlan

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone recommend a set of headphones that sound good through an amp? I have two sets that sound great on my mp3 player but sound awful through the amp.

Cheers

I use Sennheiser HD 280 Professionals, closed, circumaural monitoring headphones. Up to 32 dB of ambient noise attenuation + easily replaceable parts. Price around 100 euros. I don't disturb anyone else and I don't hear them = I can play around the clock. :D

Sony MDR-V500.
Hstudio1.jpg

I play and listen LOUD and have used (and destroyed) a bunch of different (expensive) ones over the years. None of them --no matter what the cost -- sounded any better or lasted as long as these. I've been using them through my amp at the house for at least 7 or 8 years now. I think they were about $60 or $70 when I bought them back then.

+1 for the Sennheiser HD280 pro. They have a very flat response and don?t boost the bass, which is a plus for me, since I don?t like headphones who colour the sound of my playing so much...... I use it essentially with my Line 6 Pod XT (don?t like the POD.. but it works well with headphones for those late night practices.. only reason for me to have it) :wink:

Latest posts

Back