Miami Heat world champs NBA

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I'm a Philadelphia Eagles fan :eek: I was really pulling for the Mavs. They just could not get the ball inside past Shaq and crew. Three-point shots are great, but you can't win a championship that way. Dirk had an awesome season. I was impressed at the Mavs' depth. I think suspending Stackhouse was silly, because Shaq puts serious lumber on players all year long, and he never gets tossed out. Maybe next year!

The thing that killed the Mavs was Dwayne Wade.....in the series he scored over 40 points twice, 36 once....etc.

Hate to have seen them lose - yeah, the Stackhouse suspension was crap. But out of it all, both the Mavs and the Heat made it to the finals for the first time each - they're both to be commended for that. Keep an eye on Dwayne Wade.....lot's of comparisons to Michael Jordan.

The Heat, mostly Wade after game 2 played to championship level most of the time. Dallas didn`t. After the Mavs blew that 14 point lead in game 3 they never were the same.They lost their spark. If they had gotten that fire back I think they would have won the series.As young as the Mavs are with experence they should be around a long time . But games 4. 5 and 6 It mostly looked like they were playing Nellie Ball all over again like the Mavericks of old .Dwayne Wade and bad calls didn`t help either. Payton, Morning ,Anderson and maybe Oneal will retire soon now they have their rings Miami will have to rebuild.I do not think Miami will be back for a few years. But they will be back.Overall they did a hellva job in that series.

World champions? Since when do all the countries in the world have clubs in that competition.. as far as I know... only american and canadian teams belong to the NBA... :eek: :-? The world does not begin in Texas and ends in Alaska, you know? :wink:

Anyway... I don?t care about the NBA since Michael Jordan retired.. but.. hey.. congrats to the Heat for winninng the NBA title.

Same comment :p :wink: Why world series on a north-american only competition? Don?t understand.. but.. doesn?t matter anyway..

Why do all these players from Europe, South-America, Africa, Asia come here to play in the STATES! Look at all the international players in the NHL,NBA, MLB don`t forget about the golf and tennis tours . Look who won the US open in golf this weekend an Australian ! Who plays on the PGA tour in the States. It can be said by some here the World Cup of Soccer is just a blown up all-star tournament.
The Seattle Mariners are Japanese owned.
If some one wants to put up the big bucks for a franchise in another continent besides North-America one of these leagues would be more than happy to put a team overseas. :evil:

I heard while listening to Bob Costas that the world series was first sponsored by a newspaper called...the World, thus "the World" series. Guess they liked it so much they never changed the name after the newspaper folded, so to speak.
I know what you mean about these sports not including the world, but the best players in the world compete in those pro sports. In Japan, pro baseball teams are limited to 3 outside players per team, not so in America. Plus, it`s something the rest of us have become accustomed to when listening to Americans discuss their country...the best, biggest, most beautiful... choose any superlative you want and I`ve been there countless times and it is all of those things but it is also not without it`s share of problems...just like the rest of us. Still, if Timbuckto wants to put together a basketball team I`m certain the US would be up to the challenge. Let`s face it...they do have some of the best athletes in the world...there I said it... but Canada is geographically bigger...sorry.

I am a diehard Hockey /Stars fan and a native Texan so their is not many of us around and before the Northstars moved south. I am also a longtime Isles fan. If the NHL wanted to start a franchise in Northren Europe I think it may go over with all the players from their playing in the NHL.I understand it is popular there. Sports is money driven and any League will go where the money is at that time. Hockey is a good example because look at the teams that moved south over money, geographics is only part, and a lot of Europeans play in the NHL.
On the hockey subject : The Canadians will have the best shot to get the cup North of the border If they let Gainey and Carboneau build the team like they want.
I guess I am guilty of side tracking this posting originally a darn basketball game. I was not trying to do the brag thing into play.There is a lot not to brag about here right now. But that can open another subject. I`m back to guitars.But I like to hear other points of view.

Why do all these players from Europe, South-America, Africa, Asia come here to play in the STATES! Look at all the international players in the NHL,NBA, MLB don`t forget about the golf and tennis tours . Look who won the US open in golf this weekend an Australian ! Who plays on the PGA tour in the States. It can be said by some here the World Cup of Soccer is just a blown up all-star tournament.

I guess you don?t get it.. there are many leagues of many sports in european countries.. there are lots and lots of international players, in any european league.. but you don?t see any of those leagues call themselves "world championship league" or the champion of that league "world champion".. I guess, like sneakyjapan said.. it is just an american thing.. but.. doesn?t matter to me so much anyway..

As for the world cup football tournament (only americans call it soccer), maybe you don?t know, but it is organized by FIFA.. almost any country in the world belong to that association and participate in it (although only the best 32 countries that qualified from the preliminary competition play in the final tournament) with their national squads. 205 countries belong to it (although there are 193 countries.. some of them are not quite independent but have national football teams)...So, it is indeed a world cup and the winner can be called world champion..

actually we call it soccer in Canada too because we have the Canadian Football League...which we all know is a far far better game than the US version. :wink:

Toronto has been trying to get a NFL franchise for years! The CFL put a franchise in Shreveport Twice! Whats wrong with that picture. MLB starts there season in Japan. I have watched the Dallas Cowboys football game live on SKY TV in Madrid Spain. That is three of seven continents .That is half the world tuned into Americian sports. So I guess should be the half-world champions. All this started over a dang basketball game.

Back