Stratman323

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnA

Reaction score
Just to let anyone wondering where Mike (Stratman323) has got to, well he's been banned :( , If anone wants his contact details drop me a PM

I have no wish to involve myself in forum politics, I just want to put it on record that I will miss Mike's genial and knowledgeable posts and I feel he's a great loss.

This has nothing to do with forum politics, it's personal, a display of power. In the short time I've been here Ozeshin, MIJvintage and now Stratman323 are gone, all strong, knowledgeable characters with real heart for the forum. Ned is putting sand in the forum engine, not a smart thing to do. I am missing Mike already :cry:

I'm not banned (yet) but I'm leaving this forum. I've only been here for a month or so, but I do agree with Mike's comments that the forum members are treated with contempt and disrespect by the owner of this forum. I'll get my MIJ guitar information from mylespaul and thegearpage. Good luck to all of you.

PS: have fun at that Tokai owners convention! :-?
PPS: no need to miss Mike or the others if you all go elsewhere, eh?! Make sure to get people's contact information. I got Mike's yesterday while he was still a member and I emailed him to ask me to let me know where he goes. If I hear about anything taking shape, I'll post announcements on mylespaul and thegearpage where I'm also a member (brazenpicker and slowerhand in respective order).

Mike will be missed...

He pretty much gave answers (and often pics as well) to every single thread about Fender type Tokai clones, including all the new poster threads wanting help to identify their recent or prospective purchases.

settebello said:
Leadguitar_323 is also banned.Most of the topposters are banned or quit the forum,what a loss of knowlegde. :(

Volker

Excuse me, I forgot Leadguitar_323.
Yes Volker you're right, it's the topposter everytime (how come Ned?) so much knowledge gone, it's a real real shame.
Does anyone know a good alternative where to go? I gave it a night's think and I'm quiting the forum too.

What a fucking sad day ! Left Mike a PM yesterday without an answer...I guess it was already too late,he has been banned before :cry:

What about Oz's mijgas ? I'm already a member and when most of you guys go there the knowledge will not get lost ?

hi
i feel the same way ,,,,,,,, this forum is not for the people any more ,,,, only for the dealers ,,,,,,,,, ,,,,so i will be going to a new forum too,,,,
very sad about this ,,,,, but the way this forum is going
i dont want to be part of this any more
i have learn a lot from TF ,,,, from some great people but they are long gone
i wonder why ????
so i hope to find those people on another forum so i can talk about old mjj without being affraid of what i say
all the best
otto

Griff said:
I have no wish to involve myself in forum politics, I just want to put it on record that I will miss Mike's genial and knowledgeable posts and I feel he's a great loss.

Plus +1. Let's try and keep from damaging the forum further & stick to talk about guitars. I too will miss Mike & think we are better spending our time & efforts trying to get them (Ned + Mike) to patch things up and get Mike back on the forum!

Griff said:

+1

jacco said:
This has nothing to do with forum politics, it's personal, a display of power. In the short time I've been here Ozeshin, MIJvintage and now Stratman323 are gone, all strong, knowledgeable characters with real heart for the forum. Ned is putting sand in the forum engine, not a smart thing to do. I am missing Mike already :cry:

+1 on this. It's the ego and power display that's most off-putting to me. So Ned keeps throwing the most knowledgeable people off this forum, but what exactly does he supply to it? To him it's just a media property that he hopes to sell at a fat profit at some point. His out-of-line reference to the second world war is also ironic in so many ways: he's running scared from a German dealer, and this forum is about our shared love of Japanese guitars. Hmm.

I think one thing that's important when breaking away to another forum is that we latch onto one that already has some critical mass to keep things going. If it's just 5 guys, it's likely to never get off the ground and die a slow death. I'm new here and by no way want to tell you what to do, but keep that in mind. I joined Japanaxe yesterday, but that was more to be able to PM a guy who had something for sale.

PS: I just went to MIJgas and I see that the latest member there is.... stratman323.

Normal procedure Jacco but check if you cannot login without.I was waiting for Oz's mail but when I tried I could go in !

t.olsen said:
Normal procedure Jacco but check if you cannot login without.I was waiting for Oz's mail but when I tried I could go in !

nope, I can't..

JohnA said:
Just to let anyone wondering where Mike (Stratman323) has got to, well he's been banned :( , If anone wants his contact details drop me a PM
I tried to prevent this from happening I really did,but nobody was prepared to bury the hatchet (except in each others heads) or to try and appreciate each others points of view.Mike was a great asset to this forum and this place will never be the same again.What a bloody shame. Gabe.

bluejeannot said:
JohnA said:
I tried to prevent this from happening I really did,but nobody was prepared to bury the hatchet (except in each others heads) or to try and appreciate each others points of view.Mike was a great asset to this forum and this place will never be the same again.What a bloody shame. Gabe.

+1
For a total nut-job you talk a lot of sense :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back