New banjo

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanN

Reaction score
Sorry guys, it isn't Japanese. The one arriving tomorrow is though, so all's well!

She is an utter darling to play, mind. And if you hate 339s and think they're stumpy, well, :p to you. I like my ladies petite (and besides, I already have a 335 or two! or four...).

IMG_1690.jpg

Remind me, what's the difference between a 335 & a 339?

And don't say 4!

Mike

The 339 is about a inch bigger at the waist than a Les Paul. The 335 feels huge in comparison. There's a pic somewhere, 1 sec...

I had a play of a CS-336 and thought it was really something!

The 339 and 336 (very different models even though they appear the same) are the best ideas Gibson has had in recent years, and a real poke in the eye
for people who complain about them never doing anything new.

I'm pretty keen on the smaller 335 idea, and checked out a History guitar which is pretty much the same thing, but it wasn't in the same league as the 336, not even close
(to be expected given the $$ difference).

Your 339 looks great, so what's it like?

Still in work at the moment, so haven't plugged her in; I'll give judgement once I've heard her. Promising so far, though - insanely loud and zingy when played acoustically, and the 335's bloom is definitely present. Much lighter than the 335, but there doesn't seem to be any detriment to the resonance by making the sound chambers smaller.

Edit: a 336 is next on the list once I've saved a few pennies ;)

Back