Next delivery thriller...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Seems that I cannot order a guitar the way other people can do...waiting for a guitar that has been shipped monday,28th of june and reached Frankfurt airport 2 days later where she is lost since...after several calls with DHL,nobody can tell me where she is.No wonder after DHL delivered a guitar with a broken neck 2 years ago without paying any cent for the damage.I absolutely hate this company,it's simply a shame how stupid those guys are.In case of trouble you only can call their service center where you get different answers every time you call.But they increase the priority level each time I call what means before you didn't call at least 3 times the level is so low that nobody will take notice of your problems...
Stay tuned guys,I guess this still will be funny and I am afraid what I will find this time when opening the case if it ever will come :cry:

Hang in there. I had one "lost" in New York, Kennedy to be exact. Went into customs, but never appeard to come back out. It finally arrived on my doorstep quite a few days later. I feared that it had fallen off the conveyor and would be either: broken , or; not found until the building was demolished in 2053. However, when it arrived it was none the worse for wear.

I sincerely hope that you have a good outcome, also!

Thanks,Mick :wink:
After some phone calls it seems it stuck in the customs...strange for a guitar shipped within EU but anyway...tracking has changed one hour ago,looks like it's moving again :lol:

Yippee!! Strange karma..

Let us know how it turns out. I would bet that quite a few of us have been there. Sweaty palms and butterflies in the stomach.

Waiting is always the hardest part...if it's not in my hands after 3-4 days I always loose my patience :lol:
To torture not too much,here's a little preview what awaits me in the next days hopefully... :lol:

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u265/Bandini1970/Orville%20By%20Gibson%20ES-335/

I once had a guitar shipped from the US to Holland and some one thought it would be clever to unload it from the plane when they stopped over in Paris. There it stood for 3 weeks before it was found and subsequently it stayed for the full legal 30 days in Dutch customs before it was released. I paid for priority..

jacco said:
I once had a guitar shipped from the US to Holland and some one thought it would be clever to unload it from the plane when they stopped over in Paris. There it stood for 3 weeks before it was found and subsequently it stayed for the full legal 30 days in Dutch customs before it was released. I paid for priority..

OMG...it's a crime ! They let us pay for express without telling us,that our gear will stuck in the customs

Same problem with TNT last year.

Managed to locate a mint Destroyer DT420 in France (collector's property...only left the case for a strum and a clean) after 2 years of searching the web and when in transit the status was permanently set to arrived in Garonor hub...

Took 5 days just to locate the item then they failed to deliver at work on the friday which meant the guitar had to spend a week end at the local depot. No way, just drove 45 mins there and collected. Happy ending for this one though the beauty made it home in one piece.

All in all in took well over a week to travel from the south of france to cambridgeshire as they also failed to collect as planned...

03042010192.jpg

Still waiting and waiting and waiting...got a tracking info yesterday that the guitar is on the way and will be delivered.So I drove 650 kilometers from Hamburg from a customer to my home just to check her.At 7 pm the tracking info said : no delivery because of unpredictable reasons... :evil: The warehouse where the carrier started is 10 km away from my house,it's rediculous ! Guess this bloody carrier went home to see the football match.I am so angry in the meanwhile that I will kick his balls when he's finally here.Can't stand the fact that those morons can do what they want with a guitar for over 1200 euros :evil: Almost 2 weeks in the hands of such bastards !

Let's hope it is delivered soon, you know you can also call the local depot to collect it in person (you will need a valid id paper).

At least the failed delivery reason wasn't "guitar so good the courier is keeping it a bit longer"!

looktoyourorb said:
Let's hope it is delivered soon, you know you can also call the local depot to collect it in person (you will need a valid id paper).

At least the failed delivery reason wasn't "guitar so good the courier is keeping it a bit longer"!

Not with DHL in Germany.You' ll never find a number or responsable guy you can contact.Only a callcenter,filled with morons...DHL knows about their ****** service and doesn't want to be disturbed.

AND FINALLY DELIVERED :lol: :lol: :lol:
In perfect condition,no damages at all !

So glad you got it safely :D

You need the patience of saints with couriers, there all the
same. Pack well and say a few prayers is all you can do.

She was packed so well,even a tank rolling over her would have had no chance to hurt her :lol:

Wow rather lovely isn't she?

I read with great interest the issues you had with the UK shop when you bought your PRS, I guess you did not like your Mira in the end? I love PRS guitars too...shame they are so expensive.

If any of you guys want to buy one I can only recommend the guitar shop in stonehouse gloucestershire (no name given, do your homework), they're gentlemen and have over 50 pieces in stock. Just amazing.

looktoyourorb said:
Wow rather lovely isn't she?

I read with great interest the issues you had with the UK shop when you bought your PRS, I guess you did not like your Mira in the end? I love PRS guitars too...shame they are so expensive.

If any of you guys want to buy one I can only recommend the guitar shop in stonehouse gloucestershire (no name given, do your homework), they're gentlemen and have over 50 pieces in stock. Just amazing.

Absolutely lovely but a big change in feeling regarding my Les Paul.Strings have less tension and I would say the neck is still a little thiner and it is already thin on my Lester.But only a question of time,after a few hours it will be ok :D
Regarding the Mira I had too much trouble before she finally came to me.I had the idea to sell her and make some money because she was a lot cheaper in UK as here in Germany and all that hassle gave me the rest.But she went to a very nice young guy,playing in a coverband and he was really happy with her.I talked to the owner of the musicstore here and the told me PRS guitars are really hard to sell...but I don't know why.The quality was absolutely impressive but the 2 main companys in the market are seemingly too strong.

Back