Forum Closing?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueThird

Reaction score
Doubt if I'm the only one to feel a lurch in the stomach after reading Ned's announcement that the forum is going to close at the end of the month. And I know I'm not the only one to have found this forum enormously useful.

Some questions immediately spring to mind.

Ned ? is there anything we can do to prevent this? More moderators? Graded membership (ie ? you only get access to certain threads after being a member for a particular number of posts)? Anything at all?

Everyone ??if the forum really does have to close, what can we do to make sure that the information here is preserved? It's far too valuable to let slip.

I haven't been around for long enough to see too many of the incidents causing the problems, but there's no time for recriminations anyway. Can we please keep this thread focused on ways to move forward?

it's news to me; haven't heard a thing about it ..............

EDIT: Just read the link & I really don't blame Ned one bit; I really don't know how he's put up with the negative BS here for the time he has ......

As I stated in a recent & very controversial thread, "Ned invited us all here, it?s his forum, and he can do what he likes. I for one am glad Ned has been such a gracious host here on the TF."

It's been a great run Ned, and if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Cheers,
Rich

I am sick... very sick........ :evil:

This site has some of the most well informed Japanese guitar enthusists who love to share their info with the rest of us and someone has taken this upon themselves to put Ned in jeporady and punish the rest of us...

I just don't know what to say....
I am speachless...
:evil:

Leave it with me...setting up an Almost Tokai dot com forum as a stop gap.

Not trying to be a smart arse but it would be a lot easier to avoid certain subjects or situations if we knew what they were. I haven't been reading all posts recently but i can't find anything that would constitute a threat to the forum.....anyone else have a clue...
I hope this can be resolved.....

Mick

http://almosttokai.freeforums.org/
The plan was never to have a forum for Almost Tokai...but I guess plans change eh :cry:
Oh...and if you TRY to sue ME...you better address the Solicitor letter to a Mr.Brad Pitt :p

Yeah the more options the better i guess...since the idea was to keep our forum for the discussion of Fakai

Would it not be possible for someone to take ownership of the current forum to remove Ned's liability? Posting somewhere else is not going to help us retain all of the history fro this forum.

BTW Japanaxe is fre, and they seem like a decent bunch!

As said in a previous post is there nothing that can be done:-

Just ban all the trouble makers now and give us one more chance?

More powers to the moderators, to allow an instant ban, as I don't think Ned spends that much time here anymore? Or is it threats from people who've been banned that's the problem?

Transfer of ownership?

Any other ideas?

Must be something we can do.....this has been a great forum!

Dave

Back