• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai ST-50 posted on EBAY

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Risko1

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-Springy-Sound-ST-50-Guitar_W0QQitemZ200086701503QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've had 2 offers on this. 1 backed out and 1 I am holding out on for a bit.

SERIOUSLY GUYS DO YOU THINK I AM ASKING TOO MUCH FOR THIS GUITAR IN THE CONDITION IT'S IN??? :-?

INPUT WELCOME!!!

Only my opinion, but the decal change takes away from any collectability for me. It is still a great guitar I am sure, but it will be hard to get collector type money for it.

Ducati said:
Only my opinion, but the decal change takes away from any collectability for me. It is still a great guitar I am sure, but it will be hard to get collector type money for it.

I agree. Changing the decal probably took the value down a fair bit with Tokai-lovers. If someone was looking for a 'Fender-ized' guitar, then at this price they could get the real thing. I think most people looking for a vintage Tokai would want it to look like a vintage Tokai. Just my humble opinion...

There are poeple selling Spring Sound decals on ebay, some very fine sandpaper, a can of lacquer, and an hour later no one would know! I think restoration would probably add a few $ to the price.

WONDER IF THAT WILL TEMPT ANY OF YOU...!
$650!!!!

It's true that I can buy a Springy Decal on ebay and have actually seen a number of Tokai "Springy Sound" in which the Decals looks like they are relatively newly administered.... So you never know when buying from overseas. At least there is no deception with this guitar!
But if somebody has to have the words SPRINGY SOUND then a $10 decal and a half hour of labor can restore those words!

Risko1 said:
WONDER IF THAT WILL TEMPT ANY OF YOU...!
$650!!!!

It's true that I can buy a Springy Decal on ebay and have actually seen a number of Tokai "Springy Sound" in which the Decals looks like they are relatively newly administered.... So you never know when buying from overseas. At least there is no deception with this guitar!
But if somebody has to have the words SPRINGY SOUND then a $10 decal and a half hour of labor can restore those words!

It's not so easy to work with some of those MIJ finishes as far as restoration is concerned. It could end up looking ugly and it is a headache and brings authenticity into question on such a "parts" guitar as a strat style.

If it was priced as a player guitar, I am sure it would sell with no problem. Otherwise, I think most people would rather wait for the "right" guitar to come along.

This is not a "players" guitar condition wise. It's been played less and is in better condition than the majority of STs I've seen certainly better than my other 2 Springys which cost me more. Everything is original except for the Fender decal. I've seen ST-50s with bare headstock go for more than I was asking! I really get the feeling that most are not players and don't want a Springy for it's build quality or vintage sound but rather to sit on a stand looking pretty waiting for a day to resell it for a few bucks more than you paid! Otherwise a simple decal would not detract from such a nice guitar! You can't touch a Fender of this quality for near this price!

Back