• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Flametop 1981 LS80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ochay

Reaction score
4093_p53972.jpg

Fleabay stopped the auction cause I said-
"If you want to use Paypal you have to pay their fee's"
The new auction will start ;
Listing begins in: Feb-23rd-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7392171562&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Spring Sound neck for sale also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7393190978&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I've stopped using Paypal on my auctions unless it's a foreign buyer. The fee rate is getting ridiculous. I don't mind paying the Ebay fees, I see it as a fair trade for being able to reach more people than a local ad and for not having to take a lesser price if I'd take it to a guitar dealer but the way Ebay has turned Paypal into the dominant force is highly dubious.

My PayPal account was hacked into a few years ago along with several other Ebay accounts, and it was hushed up by Ebay from my understanding. My checking account was drained of everything and it took me three months to get my money back from PayPal. They treated me like I was a criminal, when I was the victum. I will never use them again for what it's worth. I avoid all auctions that only take PayPal as payment.
That was my experience.

PayPal IS an eBay company, so basically, you're paying them twice to sell your goods, and get your money.

Then they charge you if you want to withdraw your money from the PayPal account if you have under a certain figure (?50 UK).

Downright theft if you ask me, but they have something of a monopoly really... :(

...but sadly you can't hammer them under British law through the Monopolies and Mergers Commision and our financial laws can't get them either. I noticed the other day that Paypal US offers credit terms to US residents. I wonder if they can't do this in the UK because then they'd be subject to specific financial laws that might otherwise screw them over?

Back