• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SORTED

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious how you tell the different levels of Tokai basses? I have a Jazz Sounds that I am hanging onto, but have never known which model it is? It's painted so am not sure about how many pieces the body is.

FRNohoQ.jpg

Thanks and best of luck finding one. Seems like they pop up from time to time, but I haven't seen one in years in the US on eBay.

Always loved the Candy Apple Red finish!

ID'ing a Tokai bass... now that's a good question. I guess it is similar to ID'ing a Telecaster or Stratocaster-style Tokai. You really have to look at all features (unfortunately), amongst others: the sticker on the back of the neck (if there is any), the serial number, the neck profile, the finish (lacquer or poly), the # pieces the body is made of (usually the xx80 has a single piece), the pickups, the bridge saddles... with some finishes it is very very hard to tell...

Yep. I tried to delete that last one after I posted it but couldn’t. I’ll post a link if I see one, but they seem to be pretty rare.

Here’s a Hard Puncher. Not sure if it’s an 80. 4 screw tuner mounts.

Latest posts

Back