• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1985 ls60/80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevesemaphore

Reaction score
Ok I bought this guitar some time ago from a forum member and at that time he advertised it as an LS80 (with some agreement from other forum members).
But I know now that 1985 was a strange year for Tokai and I discovered very soon that this couldn't be an LS80. However it also has features that hadn't previously featured in and LS60 (It has the correct 18 degree head angle and pick ups that previously only featured in an LS80). It doesn't have a nitro finish or fret edge binding that would feature on an LS80

However, it is a great guitar and I've done a lot of mods to it, all of which can be reversed and I have the original parts.

It has a gibson truss rod cover, a lightweight stop tail and a wider gotoh bridge to allow more adjustment. It has also been wired to"50s" specification with cts pots and oil in paper capacitors. The knobs are gibson to accommodate the larger splines on the pots.

It also comes with a Tokai case that is not original to the guitar.

There may be some comment about this so I'm always happy to have my opinions challenged or corrected..

Here are a couple of pics. More recent to follow

003.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSCN1872.jpg
[/URL][/img]

2010-3-277-1.jpg
[/URL] [/img]
[/img]

Back