• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai LS150 F VF (Custom) Sold

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbaug14

Reaction score
Up for sale is an absolutely stunning Tokai LS150 F VF. The top is a AAA solid Maple with a great flame and this has the Nitro Violin Finish. Made in Japan. You won't find this model in any catalog. They aren't sold in the US due to fear of a Gibson lawsuit, and are only made by Tokai specifically for one shop overseas. Truly a custom guitar. Zero fret wear as this hasn't seen much action. Never gigged and never out of my studio. Spent most of its life in its case actually. The only changes from stock are the pickups and the caps. It currently has a set of Motor City Pickups (MCP) Blackbelts. Not the regular ones, but the high end ones which Wade considers the best pickup he makes. These were $400 a set new when I purchased them. They show some slight signs of aging (bought that way - see pics), but are raw nickel and can be rubbed/polished out to new shine if you'd like. I can also put the original pickups in and take $150 off the price if you'd like, but it'd be a major disservice to the guitar, especially for that price (stock ones are garbage). The caps are upgraded to Russian PIO. I purchased the guitar in October of 2013. I put the condition at near mint and have captured in pictures the only blemish I can find. It was part of the guitar when I received it. It happened during the build of the guitar. It looks like a very small ding, but the nitro is actually smooth and the indentation is under the finish. From what I understand from my luthier, it could be fixed for a small fee, but I didn't bother. Comes with the original case, case candy, etc. Has a set of 10's on it and has been set up by my local luthier.

This is also even more of a custom piece in that the headstock reads "Reborn Old". This was done by Tokai specifically for the seller and only 3 were made this way to match the Tokai's made in the late 70s pre-lawsuit before switching to Love Rock. Pretty friggin cool if you ask me.

This is as close as you'll come to a 59 Les Paul without buying a real one or a true "replica" that costs in the $7k-$13k range depending on the builder. Neck, headstock angle, body carve, etc. are all appropriate for that year Les Paul and parts used and attention to detail surpass anything Gibson is putting out these days. Greatly surpasses the R9's and Historic's I've had the opportunity to play.

I'm only selling because G.A.S. has set in hard and I need to move something to finance my next purchase. I'm looking to get $sold shipped/paypal'd (OBO). Please feel free to ask any questions you have. Pictures and Specs below.

BODY: Solid Maple AAA Two Piece Top
Mahogany One Piece Back
NECK: Mahogany One Piece
Set-Neck Deep Joint (Long Tenon)
Head Angle 18?
FINGERBOARD: Rosewood
RADIUS: 300R
FRETS : 22F ?213
SCALE : 625/312.5mm
BRIDGE: Faber HLS-VB(Brass Saddle)Bridge
HLS-VT Aluminum TailPiece
TUNERS: Gotoh SD90-SL
NUT: (width) Bone(43.0mm)
INLAY : Dish(Amber Cell)
PICKUPS: PAF-Vintage MK2?2(Made In Japan) - Upgraded to MCP Blackbelts
CONTROLS: 2V.,2T., 3way Toggle SW
POT : CTS 500k
SWITCH: Switchcraft
CONDENSER: Sprague Orange Drop - Upgraded to Russian PIO
JACKS : Switchcraft
FINISH : Violin Nitro

117qww6.jpg

an0sw3.jpg

6xq1c8.jpg

9tkenb.jpg

a2yws1.jpg

14iz81i.jpg

fbx2qp.jpg

hrihdy.jpg

n3srbl.jpg

Beauty. Did you buy it from Gottfried (Tokai Germany)? He has the license for the "Reborn Old" name and his current offerings are named as such but the headstocks are now modified and proprietary to his Tokai guitars. Good luck with the sale.

Guitar Planet store in Japan also had a bunch of Reborn Old logo models too. I'm pretty sure Tokai will use it for any dealer.

Hi bbaug14

It is always useful to add your location when you are offering.One point are import taxes and second the weak euro in those days that makes buying from US for example useless. Beautyful plank s by the way :wink:

Back